• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

OCD v2.0

ColonelForbin

Sweetwater
Alas, it appears your Sweetwater hookup is more awesome than most; I just called them and were unable to locate the V2 in their system.
Well done sir! I totally want to check one out now; I read your more in depth review comparing it to the V1.7. I think that's the same version I have currently, which I love! Running it at 18v, though how to stacks with other pedals can be tricky. I've also been getting nice things with the Fulltone 2B as a pre-overdrive boost, was always running it after dirt, and it does a great job of making it all louder, but more like a master volume.

I've been loving setting the OCD to not overly gritty, and boost into it, to be able to work the guitar volume and boost pedal in tandem.

Anyway, if you have more info on how to order one these from Sweetwater, let me know?

Cheers! :)

fjs1962

Gold Supporting Member
Anyway, if you have more info on how to order one these from Sweetwater, let me know?

Cheers! :)
My sales rep at Sweetwater told me the V2 would be replacing the V1 pedals in their system once the V1s are gone, so there isn't a different item number for V2. They did already have V2 pedals though. My invoice just says Fulltone OCD and he had to put in a note to the shipping guys to make sure they sent me a V2 pedal.

ColonelForbin

My sales rep at Sweetwater told me the V2 would be replacing the V1 pedals in their system once the V1s are gone, so there isn't a different item number for V2. They did already have V2 pedals though. My invoice just says Fulltone OCD and he had to put in a note to the shipping guys to make sure they sent me a V2 pedal.
THANK YOU! Or, to be more accurate, my GAS thanks you! :)

I called my rep and got a hold of him this time, and told him what you said, and that made sense, so now I have one on order too.

SWEET!!!

thanks!

Kurzman

Silver Supporting Member
I just received one from Chicago Music and after a a half hour I'm loving it. I tried it with a Strat (5% underwound pick ups) into a Vox AC4 going into a 2 X 10 with Celestion Golds. I had been using (living room and garage...no gigs) a Gain Changer and a Prince of Tone and the OCD is going to take over.
Then I tried it with a Beano Boost going into the OCD. Man oh man.....
I'll replace the Vox with a 1965 Fender Bassman later to see how that works but since everything sounds good through a Bassman, I'm sure it will be great.

I'll keep the GC but the Prince is going (no knock on the POT, just can't keep everything).

PS I have no experience with any earlier OCD versions.

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
One last thing because I'm sure folks are wondering, while I had it open to switch the buffer on and off I looked at the board and components. It is definitely using surface mounted jacks and SMD components, unlike my 1.7 which is all full size components with flying leads. Personally I don't really have an issue with this as long as a pedal sounds good, and I own pedals by several boutique builders who have gone this route in recent years. I only mention it because I know there are some folks who is a big deal to.
Thank you, @fjs1962. If it's a mixed SMD/THD design, it's not that critical. But I think I'd stick with my modded OCD v.1.6 anyway.

68dripedge

Just saw this...I liked the 1.7 a lot, much more than the 1.4, but looks like I'll be trying the new v2.

I'm hearing much more clarity in the lows on the V2. Seems better balanced. I'm on a iPhone and can hear it, so I can only imagine how obvious it must be in person, in an A/B scenario.

Chadley

Silver Supporting Member
nice demo

I am hearing stronger low mids in the v2. Less scooped sounding.

Guinness Lad

Mike Fuller is a master fisherman. How many versions does he need before it's actually good? I remember that after 1.4 there was a statement made, "This is it, there will never be another version!".

calfzilla

Cynical Hack
Mike Fuller is a master fisherman. How many versions does he need before it's actually good? I remember that after 1.4 there was a statement made, "This is it, there will never be another version!".
Depends... Will sales ever stop peaking and dipping? :D

Trending Topics