OCD vs BOR (with a Mesa?)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jrm, Sep 9, 2008.

1. jrm

jrm Member

I am sure that this thread has been done to death.... but since the search terms are so short (OCD/ BOR) I'm not able to find what I'm looking for.

After listening to clips on youtube and other sites, it seems that the OCD and the BOR kind of sit in the same territory. The BOR has a boost, the OCD has a LP/HP filter. What are your thoughts on which is more versatile and better sounding?

I use a Mesa Rectoverb and I'm looking for something that can give me a hint of that Marshall tone. I currently use a FDII so I enjoy the Fulltone sound, I've jsut enver played a Zvex. Where I live it is impossible to demo pedals, so any advice before I throw some cash down would be appreciated!

2. demiruyar

demiruyar Member

I would defineatly go with a ocd.With ocd you have the hp/lp otion which offers you differnt bass and compression options.Ocd has much more gain and its much more usable.

I had a Bor and I couldnt keep it more than 2 weeks becouse of its flabby and unstoppable bass& very scooped mids.It sound great at home but sound terrible on stage!

3. jrm

jrm Member

anyone else with any thoughts?

4. Kleftys666

Kleftys666 Member

Im not sure about the BOR as its in the mail, but the OCD is useless IMHO.I hate that pedal. Some rave about marshall amp like tones... sorry I dont hear it. Try a Wampler pinnacle II. IMHO it has gotten the closest to a marshall amp so far. The provalve by lovepedal is high gain but no marshall in a box. The description reads like it has 2 different voiced channels but they are actually the same.

Its very hard to find a VG MArshall tone in a box. Everyone does one but they dont sound real. :munch

5. jrm

jrm Member

Hmmm..so that is one for OCD, one against, and one for neither! Thanks for the input fellas. Any other thoughts would also be appreciated!

I don't need super high gain, jsut something big and full. Not sure if that makes sense...

6. TaZMaNiO

TaZMaNiO Senior Member

OCD v.1 with my Mesa screams tone!