OCD vs. Fulltone...........

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by OldSchool, Oct 4, 2005.

1. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

The fulltone looks more versitile...........which sounds better for blues & classic rock?

2. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

Did you mean to say OCD vs Fulldrive?

I think either one would work but it depends on what tones you like the OCD is more open with a harder edge and the FD-2 is Smooth and more compressed!

Maybe the 10th aniversary edition will be the best bet when it gets released!

3. Shakkal

Shakkal Member

Yup, both would work, different sounds. The OCD is flatter response than the FD2. The FD2 is smooth and more compressed sounding; the OCD is grainier, and more open sounding, which makes it work well with already distorted amps. The FD2 has the two channels, the OCD is more responsive to your guitar's volume control. It really depends on what you're looking for as far as sounds go.

Both great pedals.

4. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Yes sorry , I meant Fulldrive. :jo

Thanks for the info...........I was thinking about a Keely modded Blues driver............but the more I read the more I'm gonna grab a nice Fulldrive. :AOK

5. erksin

erksin Member

Those are two pretty different sounding pedals (BD-2 vs FD-2) - if you were wanting BD-2 type tones I don't think the FD-2 is gonna get you there...

6. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

If you're sporting humbuckers I think the OCD is a killer voiced pedal.

7. Roe

Roe Member

if you play a gibsons with pafs I'd recommend the OCD; if you use a strat - try the fulldrive 2 with FET

8. ButchR

ButchR Komet Player Gold Supporting Member

Jon.......I have one that you can try if you want. I will ship it to you. Let me know.

9. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

The amp that you play through is very important in determining which pedal will sound better. I like the Fulldrive 2 through my Princeton Reverb a lot, but the OCD can sound harsh at higher gain or tone control settings. When the amp is turned up a bit this isn't as big of an issue.

I absolutely love the OCD through a darker amp/speaker. For example, I have a tweed champ copy that I play through a 1x12" cab with a Cannabis Rex speaker. The OCD sounds fabulous through this setup at gain/tone settings that are completely unusable with the Princeton Reverb.

I suggest that you take your amp and guitar to a shop that has both pedals and see which works better for you.

Bryan