OCD w/ non-buffered pedals question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by teddy boy, Jul 2, 2008.

1. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Gents,

I've been out of action for a while and have totally lost the plot of all the new pedal action. Anyway, I've been thinking about getting an OCD again. I used to have on and I loved it. V.2 I think. Anyway, it worked ok as long as I had the Boss TU-2 on my pedal board after the OCD. Then I swapped the TU-2 for a Strobostomp and that is when things went pear-shaped with the OCD. Everytime I turned on my Memory Lane the OCD got a massive presence and treble boost. I couldn't use the pedal on my board anymore.

So... does the new OCD still have this problem??

2. madscientist

madscientist Member

I don't have any pedals before or after my V.4 that are buffered (four total pedals and the OCD) and I don't notice this issue. I also had a v.2 before I switched to the v.4 and still didn't notice anything like what you're describing.

This doesn't answer your question, but it's feedback anyway.

3. sandman

sandman Member

V4 is advertised as more pedal friendly or something...

as for your problems, search around you're not the only one

4. wc8485

wc8485 Member

I use a v3, chain in sig... its after a digitech EX-7 and before a Boss PS-5... not noticing similar issues. Never been happier with my PB actually. Its not on all the time, not really using as an OD though... more for added tightening/saturation.

5. IvIark

IvIark Member

V4 here and no problems with a 9 pedal all true bypass chain, or with a standalone buffer first , 8 TB pedals and a buffered pedal last (Meistersinger).