Octal Power Tube Amp with jangle and chime

guiltless

So I am a big fan of octal tubes and the way they sound and feel. I am looking to put together a dual amp rig with a BF Princeton and another Octal tube amp, but one with more upper midrange chime and jangle to combine with the Princeton's more Fendery and scooped sound.

Any suggestions?

Roccorobb

Hmmm I came in here ready to say matchless chieftain or clubman, which can both sound very chimney for el34s. But obviously both are too much power to match w a BFP.

Z28 possibly? I tend to think of Dr z amps generally as more chimey than fenders but then again most are el84 based. The z28 is 2x6v6.

Can I ask

Frome

I just bought an Alessandro English, it's a 20 watt 4xEL84 with all of the jangle and chime I could want. I am also running a two amp setup, I have it paired up with an Alessandro Black n Tan. I absolutely love the combination. I'm running some NOS Sylvania 6SL7's and have some WWII era RCA VT-229's in the mail. I live the fat sound of the octals.

zenitB

Silver Supporting Member
You're talking about octal pre/PI tubes aren't you?
I wonder too. He says "another octal tube" when talking BF Fenders; I guess he is looking for 6V6 or 6L6 recommendations?

RocksOff

An NOS 5881 equipped Marshall Bluesbreaker or JTM45 fits in the hollow spot of a BF Fender like a hand inside a glove.

Trending Topics