• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Octave Down Pedals for cheap $$$...Need help

Elvis Fury

Looking for a cheap to moderately priced octave down pedal. Just something basic, reliable, and good sounding. Thanks

olejason

Just get the Behringer clone of the OC-3. If you want a name brand get a Boss or Digistomp (with the OC-2 model).

minty901

Do you need polyphonic? For recording bass lines on guitar, the MicroPOG is terrible and sounds really chimey and not like a bass at all, but the MonoSynth patch on the Zoom ms50G (under $100 I think?) sounds much better and actually sounds prety much like a bass guitar. But it doesn't track chords and doesn't work perfectly well if you want to play fast.

elijah

EHX Pitchfork. $139 new
Excellent choice IMHO. It can do 1,2,&3 octaves down, up, or both, plus other intervals. Easy to use. 2 knobs and a switch. Easily can do fake bass guitar, in a live setting. It loves fuzz both before and after. Sounds massive with a Fuzz Face and set to octave down.

minty901

Do you need polyphonic? For recording bass lines on guitar, the MicroPOG is terrible and sounds really chimey and not like a bass at all, but the MonoSynth patch on the Zoom ms50G (under $100 I think?) sounds much better and actually sounds prety much like a bass guitar. But it doesn't track chords and doesn't work perfectly well if you want to play fast.
I have to reply to myself here to correct what I said. Yes the MicroPOG sounds terrible for emulating a bass, and the Zoom ms50G MonoSynth sounds awesome and very close to the sound of a bass. But the Zoom does not track well at all. I was using it to record a bassline for a song yesterday and although it sounded very convincing, fairly often the note would completely **** up and switch up or down a semitone, totally out of tune. Bad tracking on that Zoom so I don't recommend it.

So now I'm looking for a good pedal to emulate a bass and the MicroPOG is definitely not it. Does anyone know if the Digitech Drop sounds like a bass? I know people will say it's never going to sound like a bass, but the Zoom actually does, so I want something that sounds that good and has good tracking. Could the Digitech Drop be it? or a boss?

Trending Topics