• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Octave/Fuzz - signal chain placement

I've been hankering for one ever since I heard Michael Landau juicing one on a live Burning Water CD (and probably subconsciously ever since Purple Haze played on the radio when I was a kid). I decided on the Catalinbread Octagina (take that, censor). Where does it fit best in the chain?

KoskineN

Silver Supporting Member
I put mine as early in the chain as possible, before filters and drive pedals, as if the sounds came form the guitar. Sounds the best to me this way.

golfnutt67

I've been hankering for one ever since I heard Michael Landau juicing one on a live Burning Water CD (and probably subconsciously ever since Purple Haze played on the radio when I was a kid). I decided on the Catalinbread Octagina (take that, censor). Where does it fit best in the chain?
I am also interested in one of these...let us know your thoughts once you have it.

jawajt

I just got one and I run it after my wah and tuner(both true bypass), and before my Drybell Vibe and everything else. I tried running it after the Vibe and it didn't sound nearly as good, when both were on. It's a great fuzz! Very cool, Hendrix-type tones. It stacks amazingly well with my DLS MKIII.

groovemeister

i go wah, octavia, fuzzface, vibe. rarely do i have the octavia on by itself - i usually have the fuzz face on with it or the 808 depending on my vibe at the time. i then run either combination into the dlsmk3.

Trending Topics