Octave fuzz where you can dial out the octave with your guitars volume knob

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by GeorgeNada, Sep 11, 2019 at 11:16 PM.

1. GeorgeNada

GeorgeNada Member

It seems like with a lot of octave fuzz’s when you roll back your guitars volume knob the octave stays intact, gets glitchy, or turns almost ring mody. But I’ve had a couple where rolling back your guitars volume knob dials out the octave, but retains a nice musical fuzz tone. A couple examples are:

Some years back I had a Devi Ever soda Meiser and I really liked how with my guitars volume on 10 I could dial in a nice gnarly octave sound, then if I rolled my guitars volume back to 7 the octave would go away and I’d have a great muffish fuzz.

I also had a cluster fuzz for a while and remember finding settings where I could go from OD (guitar volume under 5), fuzz (volume up around 8), and octave fuzz (volume on 10).

So are there any other octave fuzz pedals that react similarly?

johnetone likes this.
  2. jimijimmyjeffy

jimijimmyjeffy Member

Trombetta Bone variants dial out the low octave with the guitar knob if you set it that way.

3. adamajah

adamajah Supporting Member

I’d love a fuzz like the Rotobone but with an upper octave ... oof

johnetone and GeorgeNada like this.
  4. GeorgeNada

GeorgeNada Member

That would be awesome

adamajah likes this.