Octave pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by madsr, Aug 26, 2005.

1. madsr

madsr Member

Can anyone reccommend a good octave down pedal?..There are so many octave ups..I'm looking for an octave down..

2. Alex Law

Alex Law Member

Foxrox Octron. Tracks incredibly well, and you get the option of adjusting the mix between octave down, direct signal, and octave up externally (and further tweaks internally).

3. NB_Terry

NB_Terry Member

The Foxrox Octron is a great one. Very well built, and tracking is great.

The Boss OC-2 is ok, and quite a bit less pricey.

There's also an octave pedal made by Rastop, pretty pricey, but people review them well.

4. Franklin

Franklin Member

The octron is great!

5. Mark Barratt

Mark Barratt Supporting Member

Get an Octron.
    It does it all -- Down, Up and Real Sound Blend, an absolute class pedal !!!

6. rockster12

rockster12 Member

I have an EBS Octabass that does a great octave down. Tracks really well and I will sell it for $135.00 plus Shipping. It is like new. I just used for a recording session and a couple of gigs. I might even be willing to trade for something nice. I can tell you though that for an octave down pedal, you will not be disappointed with this. This unit sells for I think $235.00 at musictoyz

7. Gril Grissom

Gril Grissom Member

hi madsr!

good luck on your search

Best,

Gril errr.... Rick :D

8. madsr

madsr Member

I went with the octron..thanks for all the input!

9. telemonk

telemonk Member

The octron and Rastop are both great pedals and aren't even remotely similar. The Rastop does A LOT more. It's really like an analog synth pedal/slash octave down. It's kind of wild and hard to control at times and doesn't track as easily as the octron. You really have to get used to playing with it to control it effectively.

The octron is a lot more like an OC-2 on steroids. Simple; not as synthy or intrestingly diverse as the Rastop. But it tracks phenominally and also sounds good-though it doesn't do any extreme stuff or fuzz stuff like the Rastop.

I didn't like the octabass at all.

I have the Rastop; I got to try the Octron out. Totally different pedals. Wish i could afford both.