Octave pedals...Twa Great Divide

Seegs

So I have been looking for an octave pedal that #1 tracks well and is versatile...

Used to own a Chicago Iron Octavian and a Boss OC2 as well as a Pog 1 and 2 and a Foxrox Octron 1...

All nice and tracked really well except the OC2...

I have narrowed it down to
ly
Catalinbread Octapussy
T-Rex Quint
EHX Microsynth
Twa Great Divide
Taurus Dexter

The Microsynth is too big but I like the tones...the Octapussy seems very musical but no octave down and no one really carries them over here where I can try them before I buy one...

The Quint seems great and perfect size and the Dexter's clips are also nice but mostly with playing that doesn't really demo the pedal well...

The king of the hill for me is the Twa GD which does it all extremely well and seems more pedalboard friendly but they are 600 euros over here and $450 in the USA...

Seems like the Quint makes the most sense and I can go demo one at my local store...

Are there any other alternatives?

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
The TWA Great Divide is way overpriced IMHO. As well as all their product line. I ended my octave search with Foxrox Octron 2 and stay very happy with it. You might like to try it too.

R.C.Moran

Gold Supporting Member
No experience with the TWA, but in regards to the Quint, there was a metallic ping that constantly bothered me with it so it never stuck. The POG2 and Micro POG have both been excellent octave pedals that I can recommend, and I would take a POG2 over a Great Divide, it's very versatile

rck

I would second R.C.'s statement about the Quint and its metallic ping or artifact that I didn't like at all and add that it didn't track as good as other polyphonic pedals such as the Whammy V or POG.

A pedal that some might not be as familiar with is the MAK Octronix and is made in Crimea by a small builder. It has Octave up and down as well as a couple other modes, but the tracking was really good with a blend knob IIRC, small footprint, simple controls, etc...

Seegs

Great information guys...

I had an Octron and to be honest I liked the tones but the tracking left something to be desired IME...plus it's only monophonic and I would prefer poly but the tracking was the deal breaker for me...that's why I have not been interested in or checked out the O2...

I really liked the original POG and thought it sounded and tracked great but sold it for the smaller 9v POG 2 which had tone suck and metallic...digital artefacts to my ears...I've regretted it ever since but the POG is way too big for me to invest pedalboard realestate for the amount of time I would use it...

Thx for the lowdown on the Quint...it's size...price and feature set are very attractive but if it sounds metallic forget it...

Thx rock I'll check out the MAK Octronix...

That still leaves the Catalinbread Octapussy as well...it sounds really musical but is missing the octave down...

I still like the idea of the TWA GD but the price is a deal breaker...I've seen used ones go for about $250 and that would be an attractive price for me...

Last edited:

Seegs

Did some more digging and ran across a Beigel Mutron Octave Divider and liked what I was hearing...

Contacted a custom builder about doing a custom one off in a small box with true bypass...cost was about 270 euros...not bad...

Then I ran across a BYOC kit for about 145 euros and the sound clips were indeed impressive when compared to an original Mutron OD...

So as it stands I think I'm gonna build the kit as I used to repair medical equipment professionally and have already built a delay kit...the kits are well thought out and easy as pie to build...

Trending Topics