Octave Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jb70, Feb 3, 2008.

1. jb70

jb70 Member

hey guys,
    i'm going to be adding an octave pedal to my new board (for a lower octave to simulate bass lines in a few tunes) and have heard great things about the foxrox octron. i'm quickly running out of room on my board and am considering this guyatone octave pedal:

http://www.guyatone.com/Mo3.php

do any of you guys have any experience with these and how they compare to the foxrox? thanks.

jack

2. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Member

Octron is like any octave pedal: you need a strong signal to track well. A strat may need to be on 10 to track well. Humbuckers work well usually.

That said, the Octron is pretty cool. It really is 2 pedals: octave down/ octave up. Plus you blen them for amazing sounds.

I bought my Octron for the down sound, but I was surprised how great the up sound is. It offers the trad. Octavian sound, plus a really great fuzz octave up tone.

Worth it. Period.

3. Pylonracer

Pylonracer Member

POG is good for that.

There's also the EHX Multiplexer and Mutron octave divider. Haven't played thru them so I can't comment.

4. jb70

jb70 Member

both of those pedals look very big. i'm looking for the smallest, best sounding/tracking pedal possible.

5. theHoss

theHoss Member

You might want to consider the new MIAudio pollyanna. Sounds killer, small footprint, and reasonably priced.

Check It Out Here

6. jb70

jb70 Member

aha. that looks like what i'm after. thanks hoss.

7. wondermoose

wondermoose Supporting Member

I've been using a Boss OC-2 for a while now. It tracks single notes really well and I like the sound of it for adding some funk. I prefer it to the OC-3, and you can find them on eBay for around $50 - $60.

8. theHoss

theHoss Member

No sweat JB. Michael told me the guitarist from P-Funk picked one up. I guess that says it all.