Octave Pedals

jb70

Supporting Member
hey guys,
i'm going to be adding an octave pedal to my new board (for a lower octave to simulate bass lines in a few tunes) and have heard great things about the foxrox octron. i'm quickly running out of room on my board and am considering this guyatone octave pedal:

http://www.guyatone.com/Mo3.php

do any of you guys have any experience with these and how they compare to the foxrox? thanks.

jack

Lolaviola

Octron is like any octave pedal: you need a strong signal to track well. A strat may need to be on 10 to track well. Humbuckers work well usually.

That said, the Octron is pretty cool. It really is 2 pedals: octave down/ octave up. Plus you blen them for amazing sounds.

I bought my Octron for the down sound, but I was surprised how great the up sound is. It offers the trad. Octavian sound, plus a really great fuzz octave up tone.

Worth it. Period.

POG is good for that.

There's also the EHX Multiplexer and Mutron octave divider. Haven't played thru them so I can't comment.

jb70

Supporting Member
There's also the EHX Multiplexer and Mutron octave divider. Haven't played thru them so I can't comment.
both of those pedals look very big. i'm looking for the smallest, best sounding/tracking pedal possible.

wondermoose

I've been using a Boss OC-2 for a while now. It tracks single notes really well and I like the sound of it for adding some funk. I prefer it to the OC-3, and you can find them on eBay for around $50 - $60.

Trending Topics