• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Octave / Pitch Pedals

GuitarMD

Looking for an octave/pitch pedal must have:
A) Accurate octave up and octave down
B) Controllable levels for each octave
C) Ability to mix in and out the dry signal

Give me a:
1) Small pedal option
2) Top of the line option.

(I will probably be looking at the basic pedals because I only foresee myself using an octave down frequently and everything else infrequently.)

Kluch

mooer tender octaver. I've heard it's now discontinued but I bet you can find a used one on reverb.com

slave

I would argue you need to stipulate what sort of tones you want.
Analog glitchy synthy goodness?
Or digital harmonic cold and accurate?

For small, the Mooer was very Pog like. Try out a MicroPog
For large and expensive;
TWA Great Divide 2.0, EHX Hog2, EHX Pog2, Foxrox Octron and Octron 2 are all worth a look.
The TWA is freakin amazeballs, I will never sell mine.

Good Luck.

OverdriveLover

Silver Supporting Member
Foxrox Octron original, is awesome. not too big. I was not impressed with the Pitchfork as its digital compared to the Octron. My fav is the Microsyth, but the new ones are probably still too big for you.

fenix899

Many of the folks here have mentioned the Octron, and while it is an awesome octaver it's an analog octaver, which means that it's mostly monophonic and the octave up will be based on harmonic distortion (i.e. not clean). If you need clean up/down with dry control, check out the digital octavers like the POG (also been suggested by several folks), which has independent level controls for octave up, down, and dry signal, and can track polyphonic signals as well.

OverdriveLover

Silver Supporting Member
Many of the folks here have mentioned the Octron, and while it is an awesome octaver it's an analog octaver, which means that it's mostly monophonic and the octave up will be based on harmonic distortion (i.e. not clean). If you need clean up/down with dry control, check out the digital octavers like the POG (also been suggested by several folks), which has independent level controls for octave up, down, and dry signal, and can track polyphonic signals as well.
thats a good point made by a few now. analog vs digital. i don't do chord stuff just single note so I like what the microsynth and octron do.

that said is there any difference between the microPOG and the nanoPOG? the nano seems like the best footprint from ehx.

Also mooer also has the MOC1 which looks like the tender with even more options. anyone try those?

stahlhart

Silver Supporting Member
No love for the Sub'n'Up?
I just got one today, and am pretty happy with it so far. I was seriously considering the Salvation Mods Vivider, and might still, but figured I'd give one of these polyphonic ones a shot first.

Antlerface

Mr Black Octave II is the thing you want.

There is a slight latency 'issue' with it, but that's why I like it. It's like 3ms of latency and it makes everything sound fat as fack.

I said I'd never get rid of mine, but I just impulse ordered a Great Divide and an RM1N and will be putting it on Feeverb pretty soon.

Last edited:

ksandvik

He needs three mix controls for dry, -1, and +1. That means the Pitchfork does not qualify.

Only the Micro Pog, Nano Pog, and Tender Octaver would fit the bill.
Oh I see, Pitchfork could have dual mode octave but the mix/dry is on both +1 and -1, or +2/-2 and so on... Seldom I've had a need to have three mix controls but I guess it depends on the usage. Meanwhile Pitchfork is really my get-to-go pitch pedal nowadays, in latch mode I could even use it as a pitch/up/down pedal.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom