OD at the end of your chain?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by PEImatrix, Feb 18, 2009.

1. PEImatrix

PEImatrix Member

Up untill now I've been keeping all my gain pedals at the first of my chain.

I use a "Landgraff" style OD for solos, but I think the big increase in volume is causing clipping in my CE2 and DD2. I'm thinking about putting the Landgraff OD at the end of my chain to fix the prob. What do you guys think? This would also help me get my last non TB pedal onto my Loooper.

2. somedude

somedude Member

The repeats from your DD2 will also be boosted.

3. thetangmang

thetangmang Member

Jesse Lacey of Brand New and Mike McCready of Pearl Jam do this with their TS9's.

4. Wheeler004

Wheeler004 Member

It may work for you. It will definitely take some tooling around to get the volume of the repeats right (you might find it is either too quiet with the lead boost disengaged or too loud when you kick it in).

5. PEImatrix

PEImatrix Member

Well, even after trying a few settings the OD at the end just didn't sound natural enough. Thanks, I'm glad I ran it by you guys.

6. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

od after modulation sometimes works, sometimes doesnt...tremolo or phaser before od works...

But I cant imagine od after delay and ESPECIALLY after reverb working...i tried it at home and it was HORRIBLE