OD & Dist. pedals for the Dr.Z Maz 38

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by billyjett, Apr 5, 2015.

1. billyjett

billyjett Member

Wanted some opinions from Maz 38 users on what od- dist. pedals work well with this amp.Currently these are the pedals I have: Keeley TS-9,Keeley BD-2,KOT,Barber Burn unit eq,and a Catelinbread DLS.Anyone use any of these? what pedals really shine with this amp for OD-Dist.? I've heard that this amp takes pedals well, so maybe I have everything I'll need.

2. war-knuckles

war-knuckles Supporting Member

hey dude, got a maz38 here with g12h30's. over the years ive tried prolly over a hundred or so drives and the one mainstay is the AC+ from xotic. i found it didnt like fendery amps as much but with my maz38 and maz18 i cant ask for any better drive. i acutally tend to use the red side more and use the blue side to kinda boost it over the top. most any ts9-ish will sound good with the maz, i had a bbe green screamer for years which sounded great with it too. im sure with the pedals you have youll be more than happy with a maz that thing is a pedal monster, but if you are in the market for one more drive or can find one in a trade i would emphatically recommend the Xotic AC+

3. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

I don't use a 38, but I have a couple of Vox style amps (Vox AC30 TBX and Morgan AC 20 Dlx). My fave OD's with these are the Spaceman Saturn V, and the Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop v1 (haven't tried the v2 yet). Both are great.

4. marvelboy_04

marvelboy_04 Member

I have a Maz 18. The King of Tone is amazing with it! Another favorite is the Skreddy Screwdriver. It has a great eq so you can suit it to any guitar, and it sounds awesome boosting a KOT.

5. ((TechnicolorSkyline))

((TechnicolorSkyline)) Supporting Member

I had a Maz 18 for years. Loved Skreddy, Barber and Bearfoot stuff through it!

My favorites were the Bearfoot SYOD, Skreddy Hybrid Fuzzdriver and the Barber Gain Changer. Timmy is always awesome as well.

6. bxlxaxkxe

bxlxaxkxe Supporting Member

Skreddy and Dr Z belong together. Miss the Ghia

7. Help!I'maRock!

Help!I'maRock! Member

I play through Maz 38's in rehearsal spaces here in NYC. The Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver is incredible with the Maz.