OD/distortion pedal for DRRI-les Paul combo

JJexp

Silver Supporting Member
OK, what OD/Distortion pedal would sound best for les Paul-DRRI combo, good clean up AND cost not more than $150. It doesn't have to be a super high gain deal. I've tried Rat-tube screamer pairings and i wanna replace my Rat. Billy Gibbons in a box? Anyone? I know this has been discussed to death, most of the threads deal with Strats & Teles. Let's hear it from the humbucker folks...

Tbone135

I use a good ol' Fulldrive II when I take my ES-135 out. It may not be the hip answer, but these things always sound great to me.

JJexp

Silver Supporting Member
thanks, I agree with you. Here's the other sick condition, I play alot of small bars so I need someone to suggest something along those lines in a compact MXR-size package. It's gotta fit my small pedal board!!

afterburner

Silver Supporting Member
MI audio Blue Boy deluxe for lots of different sounds, but it's in the TS vein and I'm not sure if that's your thing.

if not OCD is pretty good choice.

JJexp

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks, Does the OCD clean up well? I was thinking about a Crunch Box but after reading numerous threads I am under the impression they don't clean up.

orogeny

Silver Supporting Member
i'm thinking keeley java boost.

I like this suggestion. .. . 'cept for the drri part. . . might be too bright.

Meanwhile, I say fuzz face nkt style. Clean to mean. Cleans up like a mofo. I also say Keeley BD2. . . cleans up real nice. . . . also clean to mean. . .

I play a lp through a drri and I use a boss ge-7 to add some mids
barber ltd, direct drive, and mi audio crunch box are awesome with this set up...as are the boss od-3 and sd-1...jeckyll and hyde also sounds good..and so does a marshall guvnor and jackhammer

JJexp

Silver Supporting Member
So far digging the idea of: OCD or Crunch Box, Ms. Foxy Lady or Barber Direct Drive...Leaning toward OCD or Crunch Box as I will be doing a bit of heavy rock stuff:dude.

rjaneshek

I really like the combo of the FD2 into the OCD with my R8 LP and SFDR. The OCD is a little spikey in the highs and high mids and with a Deluxe Reverb can get a little bit brittle. The FD2 fills out the lower mids nicely with the OCD providing the grit and cut.

JJexp

Silver Supporting Member
thanks for the suggestions, I just picked up a v. 4 OCD, now for higher gain solo boost... Stack with either a small box Rat or a Keeley TS808?? Need some help with that, gonna use it at a gig tomorrow night!! OCD first?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom