Od for a Deluxe Reverb Ri ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by centaur, Jun 26, 2006.

1. centaur

centaur Member

Hello,

I would like to buy a good od for my new Fender Deluxe Reverb 65 Ri.

For the moment a have a BJF Red Rooster Booster and a Tim for this. But i need a more gain sound with a great dynamics. My kind of style is rock & roll ! Like The Hellacopters ( last album " Rock & roll is dead " killer sound !!! ), Chuck berry, Mc5 ...

I heard a lot of good thinks about the BJF Dyna Red and the Blackstone Appliance ...

Who have try this pedals in a Deluxe Reverb ?

Please help me !!! :crazy

I need a pedal with a good sound a low volume ... The Tim and the RRB are great, but not at lower volume ...

2. MoRawk

MoRawk Member

3. tdu

tdu Member

Great tastes in music. I play similar stuff and have good luck with a Maxon OD-9, which is a tube screamer.

4. pullagnm

pullagnm Member

MIAUDIO Blue Boy Deluxe works great. It's like a TS, but goes way beyound that. Since I bought by DRRI a few months ago I noticed that my OD pedals sound so much better than they did on the JTM 60 Marshall I used to have. The OD is alot fuller and open.

5. Franklin

Franklin Member

Good luck! My DRRI loves OD and Distortion pedals making it hard to choose one.

6. majorledhead

majorledhead Member

when I had one I used an ETERNITY and a KEELEY RAT with great results

7. Dana

Dana Guest

The Blackstone sounds killer through a DRRI

:BEER

8. BudLite

BudLite Supporting Member

If you can afford it,... a Landgraff DO is a my favorite IC chip type
    pedal Ive tried w/ a BFDR......and Ive tried quite a lot of um.....

9. vorvick

vorvick Member

I have a '72 deluxe reverb with the blackface mod.

I like the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 with it.

(I also run a Keeley Rat through it, which I like, but not for what you're describing.)

V

10. drolling

drolling Member

IMnshO, there's no more 'pedal-friendly' an amp than a blackface fender.

They love the Tubescreamer circuit. Everybody makes one now, but my longstanding fave's been the MJM BluesDevil - a real good TS-808 clone, w/true-bypass & a bit more gain on tap than the original TS.

I see you've already got one BJF. I use a HoneyBee w/my smaller fender combos, but even pushed w/TIM (you've got one of these, too - good taste, man:dude) it won't get you into the hi-gain you're asking after.

There's been mention of the Lovepedal Eternity on this thread, and it's another of the truely great ones - from clean treble-boost all the way to overdrive at the edge of distortion, the *sweet spot* on this pedal's wherever you set the dials. It always sounds good.

MI Audio's been a pleasant surprise for me, too. When I sent away for a BluesPro, I wasn't expecting much for a hundred bucks - but I was blown away by the sounds this little guy produces. Very dynamic OD that's good for everything from crunch rhythm to thick, sustaining lead work. With gain maxed, pinch harmonics just jump out the amp. This pedal's got a bright, edgy voicing that stacks very well w/TIM.

But you did ask specifically about hi-gain tones, so you might like their Crunch Box even better. No nearly so versatile as the BP, it really does transform a small fender combo into a Marshall stack on 'eleven'. It's ridiculously loud, too. So loud that Mike's had to redesign the pedal to tame the gain. But I've seen quite a few of the 1st batch here & on eBay. I'm not really a hi-gain type guy, but if you want a wall of supersaturated, compressed distortion pumping out of your squeaky-clean Fender, this'll do 'er...

And good luck at being able to stop at just one more pedal!

11. centaur

centaur Member

Thanks for your answer !!!

Yes the Eternity looks pretty good ! This one are transparent or add a little color on the sound ?

Thats the sound i'm looking for :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq5aG-cj5g4&search=hellacopters

Nick ( the singer ) play with a pair of Deluxe Reverb SF ...

For this sound ... Blackstone, BJF Dyna Red , Eternity ... ?

12. boon

boon Member

Silver LTD or any of the Barber line of pedals would do great. Using a BBD now and with it's tweakability, I'm sure it'll sound great

13. jgyn

jgyn Member

I like the HAO Rumble Mod and the Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive.

14. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

What boon said, check out the Barber pedals they will work fine with that amp!

15. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I had a real '65 DR last year and thought that the TC Jauernig DGTM was a perfect match with it. It's a mid-humper and really cut through. Depends what you're going for.

16. greggorypeccary

greggorypeccary Member

I'm trying out a Barber Direct Drive at the moment into my DRRI and I think it's a keeper. With the gain all the way down it adds a little bite and it goes up from there!

17. pullagnm

pullagnm Member

I was playing my DDSS last night, and talk about a great Marshall crunch.:RoCkIn

18. Gigino

Gigino Member

mhmhm...i can tell you that my RAT2, my boss sd1, my vox cooltron bulldog, play very very bad with my DRRI (i talk about low volume - amp on 3 and pedal on normal channel)
    I have the same problem then you!

19. centaur

centaur Member

For me the DRRI sound good after 4 on volume ! Before this point the sound is harsh ...
    Tomorrow i have put my DRRI on 10 on the normal channel with my Epiphone Crestwood ... and " whaaouhh !! "
    For the lower volume setup i think the better choice is a good od and not a boost. The BJF Dyna Red maybe ?

20. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I change my vote. MC5? I'd get one of these pedals that straddles the border between OD and Fuzz:

J. Everman Fuzzdrive G2
    Lovepedal Dragon
    Hellbilly

Make sure your amp's cranked up enough though.