• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

OD for a JCM 800

Renardm

JCM 800 owners, what is a good OD pedal to add a little juice to a JCM 800 with the preamp cranked? I have a JCM 800 4010 combo and I have been using a un-modded Boss SD-1 but it sounds too fizzy. I would prefer it to be true-bypass.

Charles#5

I have tried a lot of OD's with my 4010, and the one that's still on my board is a greybox DOD 250 clone made by Hot Wire Audio. So my vote goes to the DOD 250.

Cheers,

Johan.

Cary Chilton

I would say an boss OD-1, or OD-3 !!!

If you want better, and will pay more, get a vintage yellow DOD 250!

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
From what I read about a Lovepedal Eternity or a Timmy pedal are the best for that. Good luck!

MrMunky

Gold Supporting Member
The TS-9 (and variations) is a solid choice, but there is an absolute perfect match for the JCM800 in particular - the original British-Made Marshall Gov'nor.

That particular pedal driving a cranked JCM800 preamp is unlike anything else. The pedal isn't the same with other amps, and the amp isn't the same with other pedals. You'll be pleased if you give this one a shot.

Trending Topics