OD for a Tweed Bandmaster 57 RI

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by liftman, Nov 25, 2019.

1. e???

e??? Member

I'd try it then, has really worked well for my alnico 5 strat and tweed bandmaster.

2. johnetone

johnetone Member

SS/BS Mini
    Spaceman Saturn VI

/thread

stonecabin likes this.
  3. liftman

liftman Member

Think I may go for this one- out of all the suggestions the BN is the cheapest available at the mo.

4. liftman

liftman Member

Did you ever try a Rockett Blue Note in your search?

5. openbar

openbar Silver Supporting Member

Often the good ol' Boss BD-2 fits the ticket for well under $100.

6. e???

e??? Member

No I haven't

7. liftman

liftman Member

I bought a Blue Note in the end, an older one with hot switch and it sounds great with the Bandmaster - thanks for the suggestion! Sounds very similar to when the amp's driving itself , really dynamic pedal. I guess it's in the smoother category but can get pretty aggressive too with the gain beyond 1 o'clock. I find the sweet spot is with tone and fat around 10 o'clock with hot switch on or off.

8. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I am a tweed lover and have experimented with this for years now. I play through a tweed Deluxe 5e3, a Super 5f4, and 5f1 Champ. The best od to push a tweed for me is the Smallsound/Bigsound Mini. It is open and can be set to be a clean boost or a full on crunchy fuzz with all shades in between. Tweeds already have plenty of mids, so I do not understand the recommendations of pedals in the TS or Bluesbreaker genre. It usually ends up very boxy and honky sounding.
    The Mini literally sounds like your tweed amp cranked up, and the bias knob lets you tailor it to reapond howbyou want. You can have sag or tight bass response.
    My second favorite is the Lazy J Cruiser, but they are pricey compared to the $159 Mini, and I think the Mini is slightly better because off all the eq options.
    Finally, my main boost with tweeds for years now has been Analogman's Bad Bob. It melds perfectly with tweed amps and pushes them into overdrive, but it does not impart much od of its own. The Mini is a better bet if you need to add grit at lower volumes.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019