OD for my Mesa tremoverb!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vanisher16, Aug 1, 2008.

1. vanisher16

vanisher16 Member

i first have to say i love my mesa tremoverb.. i truel can get whatever sound i want on tap.. its full lush and super heavy.. love it.. but its tough using a two channel amp when i want every sound...lol.

heres what i got:
    bbpreamp
    dbx eq
    phase 90evh
    DD5
    Gxc
    Ground Control Pro

soon to have gmajor and RC booster

i have an awsome heavy full sound just with amp and eq.. add some bb to make it chugg and delay for depth

what im thinkin of doing is using the RC for clean.. bb over clean for a smooth lead/ rythm.. a maxon808 for the chug over the amp.. but what over drive would make my already distorted heavy amp sound smooth and clear for a really distorted lead... kinda like a Mark2c+ just sustain and smooth distortion for days.. no ruffness of the duel rec at all

any advice whith what i already have would be supper helpful as one would think that one od would be enough when im lookin at 3-4 lol

also beeing use to the bb to just make my amp chug... aka gain at 1 volume at 10.. would the maxon be good to take its place... i just feel that i can get soo much better sound out of the bb if i use it more efficiently over the clean and tweek it

thanks guys GOdBLess

2. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member

Believe it or not a plain old Tubescreamer into the T-verb frickin' rocks!

3. vanisher16

vanisher16 Member

what would be better a ts9 or 808???
    and are we talking about a chug tightening or a smoothing lead??

4. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member

I used a TS9 RI (stock) with my Dual Recto head and 4x12 and my Trem-O-Verb Head and 2x12. I used it to push both clean and distorted amp tones. The Tubescreamer just seemed to blend well with the Mesa's basic tone. I used it with good results on both the orange and red channels, both vintage and modern and clean or distorted. By the time I had my TS9 modded to 808 specs the Dual Recto and T-Verb were a thing of the past. I do kind of miss them, just not lugging them around!

5. Waxhead

Waxhead Member

Surfin at Merewether Point, NSW Australia
    Analogman mod'ed Maxon TS-808 into my Mesa totally screams. Go no further. :banana

6. BlackBart

BlackBart Member

7. disaster

disaster Member

I'm a big fan of the FD-2 into mine... on comp-cut of course.