OD order

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by HurricaneJesus, Mar 7, 2008.

1. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

So is it low gain to high gain or high to low? I'm moving my cover band pedalboard around a little upon the arrival of my Zendrive. I've always had DS-1 > TS-808 > Silver-mod ts-9. I just set it up TS-9 > Zendrive > DS-1. Figure I try it this way tonight and the other way tomorrow.
    Any suggestions/reasoning behind either approach?
    I'm worried about trying it out right now because I haven't felt out my neighbors yet.

2. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
    over the years i've done both high-gain => low gain and then low gain => high gain. i prefer the higher gain pedals going into the lower gain pedals. no right or wrong, whichever works best for you and your rig....

3. giggedy

giggedy Member

I like the high>low as well. I feel as though you get the gain, but then the low gain afterwards opens it up. Mine aren't exactly high>low though, they mix it up. I basically set them up with the sounds I wanted to get out of each pedal, than then I switched around the order until it was where I wanted it, adjusting them accordingly. I'm happy with the way it is set now, as in my signature.

4. GTRJohnny

GTRJohnny Member

I do low gain to high gain. I find that allows me to change my signal less when blending two or more. But, I agree with the previous posts. There is no wrong answer. I will say that if you're going to stack gains, it's best to run them as low as you can. You'll find it's the only way to avoid the mush.. unless the mush is what you're after... ;)

5. RDM

RDM Senior Member

What sounds best to your ears?

6. giggedy

giggedy Member

I agree about setting the gain low. The gain is really low on all of mine except for 1 side of the KOT and the boost side of Tim.