OD pedal for a Goodsell Super 17?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Dumo, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Dumo

Dumo Supporting Member

Here's the parameters: $150ish for blues and rock, not too much coloration of tone, less than JCM 800 amounts of gain ( I already have a radial Tonebone hot british which I love). My guitars are a VOS LP jr. and a Jazzmaster. I want something to do light to med OD and add some sustain. I was thinking the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 mosfet. Any others? OCD v4? I've heard great things but the clips I've seen on youtube make me think it might have too much overlap with the tonebone. The fulldrive 2 seems like it might fit nicely between the amps own overdrive and the hot british. Opinions? Thanks.

2. mild

mild Member

I like my Timmy with my G17. :)

3. d-b

d-b Member

I ran sound for a band a couple of weeks ago that had a player that ran that Goodsell with FD2. I kept thinking all night "why doesn't my FD2 sound like that?". It sounded great!!! I want that amp now...

4. psquared

psquared Supporting Member

I played a friend and fellow forum members Goodsell with a Barber Burn Unit EQ and it sounded phenomenal with my strat and his P-90 equipped Reverend hollow.

5. Ray1960

Ray1960 Member

I use an OCD v1 into a Timmy with my Goodsell and I love my tone. Of course you made a great choice with the Goodsell. I love mine!!!!

6. Dumo

Dumo Supporting Member

Yeah, this amp is really incredible. The spectrum of sound available in this thing with just 3 knobs is astounding. So the consensus is anything through a Goodsell is all good?:)

7. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

I herd a joyride through a super 17 and it sounded sweet! Divided by 13 Joyrides might be a little more exspensive though. not sure... just and idea.

8. rcl

rcl Member

Tried a BB preamp, BUEQ, OCD, and TIM. All sound very good. Depends how much gain you want to get out of it. Also tried a BOR, which didnt do it for me, and it ended up on ebay.

9. Dumo

Dumo Supporting Member

I'm not looking for much gain. In fact I thought the OCD had too much gain. I'm leaning towards either a MI Audio Blues Pro with the fuzz mod or an FD2Mosfet.

10. kenoflife

kenoflife Supporting Member

dang - I edited out that long post by accident...but it was up for a couple minutes...
    If someone gets it on email - could you copy it and post it again...? :)

11. magnus02

magnus02 Member

ive tried a ton through my super 17 and by far the best for slight overdrive and sustain was the keeley katana... it really just sounds like youre pushing the goodsell further without any coloration from the pedal. barbers are great too but they color the sound too much for slight overdrive when you have such a good sounding amp

12. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

Gaspedals CARB
    CMATMODS Signa Drive

13. Dumo

Dumo Supporting Member

Thanks for the detailed feedback guys. Very helpful.

14. Dumo

Dumo Supporting Member

As an update. The OCD v.4 is everything I heard about it. It does like my LP jr. better than my Jazzmaster but my Jazzmaster likes my Tonebone better. The OCD compliments the higher gain Tonebone nicely. Thanks for the advice.