OD100 Recorded video with real mics, 4x12"....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by samhill, Sep 28, 2008.

1. samhill

samhill Member

Had a spare half hour this afternoon and setup my OD100se+ rig with a Mesa 4x12" (V30's). I used iMovie08 and Garageband, this allowed me to mic the cab and use my Digi003 as the recording interface instead of my usual MacBook Pro mic.
    So in this video my rig is at stage volume (front vol at 4, rear return level at 4). I am using a Neumann TLM103 on one speaker and a SM57 on another. I am running the mics through an ART MPA Gold mic pre then into my Digi003 through Garageband and iMovie. The mic's are flat and I'm using the FX from my guitar rack live through my Mesa cab no outboard FX, EQ's etc are used for the recording. I did not take even 30secs to aim the mics properly so I'm sure if I did the results would be better.
    I go through my main rhythm, solo and clean patches with each mic panned centre separately then together with each mic panned hard L/R.
    I am playing some chords through the rhythm patch then some single note stuff for the solo patch. Please forgive my sloppy playing :)

The MBP is cool that I can record video from my built in iSight camera and get the audio from the Digi003 interface through Garageband....Joe you'll have to try this.

Here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyUM7GU4mig

Mark

2. samhill

samhill Member

Early Monday morning bump, for the work week crowd.

Mark

3. andybaylor

andybaylor Supporting Member

Wow. Very Nice.

Are you using a pedal into the amp too?

4. samhill

samhill Member

Only when I say in the video that I am using my regular solo patch, from 4:50-7:32 I use a Zakk Wylde O/D. It cuts the bass a bit and adds a slight amount of gain just to give it a greasy feeling under the strings. For the rest of the video there are no drive pedals.

Mark

5. Wagster

Wagster Member

Great sounding amp and playing.I'm not a high gain guy but I know killer tone when I hear it.That amp sounds HUGE.

Where did you get your shirt?I need to wear that when I go to my parents house :rotflmao

6. samhill

samhill Member

Thanks! A friend at work got us these for Christmas last year....here's the link:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/frustrations/388b/

Mark

7. vinceh

vinceh Supporting Member

Just when I was thinking you look a bit like Alex Lifeson, you break into Xanadu!

8. samhill

samhill Member

The last clip I put up was a Lynch thing and someone said I looked like Don Dokken...geez :)

Mark

9. vinceh

vinceh Supporting Member

Well, at least you weren't playing bass and I didn't say you looked like Geddy! That's something to be thankful for.

10. samhill

samhill Member

You make an excellent point, sir :)

Mark

11. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Mark that is such a great tone you are getting from your Suhr CAA OD-100 SE+,
    it's so rich and huge sounding. Great playing also! Thanks for sharing...

12. samhill

samhill Member

Thanks Pa'ani :)

Mark