OD9 silver vs OD820

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by davidk, Jan 10, 2015.

1. davidk

davidk Member

Do any of you have any experience with the Maxon OD9 silver mod and Maxon OD820? I'm thinking of selling my OD9 and getting an OD820. But I also could just get my OD9 modded by analog.man. Im wondering if the silver mod on the OD9 opens up the tone as much as is described with the OD820.

2. lostpoet2

lostpoet2 Supporting Member

I would do the silver mod...maybe even start by just running the OD9 on 18v.

3. davidk

davidk Member

I run it at 12 volts which I do prefer. I think 16 volts is the highest recommended for the OD9.

4. Sol

Sol Member

I've had a number of modded pedals, and while great improvements can be had, I don't feel that any are quite as good as the 0D-820.

The 0D-820 gives you a clean boost at minimum with such a smooth onset of overdrive, with a tone control with a wide sweep of usable high frequencies. It also has far more level for boosting should you need that.

5. Captain Sco

Captain Sco Member

I own two OD9 silvers and they are absolutely fantastic! Run one as an almost clean boost and the other one with the drive cranked.

No experience with the OD 820.