• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Oddball Fuzz Pedals...

I'm always interested in fuzz/drive pedals that do things different from others and/or can be used to great effect to get a sound they weren't intended for!

For example;

Bixonic Expandora's 'Forbidden' mode - big fuzz that cuts and squishes and gates like nothing I've played...

Zvex Jonny Octave - All controls set full up is like a Super Duper but with an octave in there!

Way Huge Swollen Pickle - with the 'Crunch' control up it sounds like no other pedal and is SO LOUD!

Death By Audio Fuzz War - Can't hear any other fuzzes like it!

Harmonic Percolator - Circuit/Sound like no other...

Any others out there?? Special/different in some way?
No straight up Fuzz Face/Muff clones!!

p.j.

Walrus Audio Janus pedal has 3 modes of fuzz with a joystick that affects the timbre and fuzziness. It also a joystick controlled tremolo. Absolutely awesome to run anything through...guitar..bass..synths. An awesome pedal for the studio.

ogguitar

Fuzz Factory goes without saying, but there I said it.

Dr. Scientist Frazz Dazzler/Blakmore Deus Ex Machina/smallsound bigsound TAFM - fuzz with clean blend. Doesn't sound all that crazy, but it can do some super unique and awesome tones

Pedal Dan

The Island of Misfit Pedals
WMD Gieger Counter...

It's a digital bit crusher.

It will fry your ears.

Reactions: kor
Basic audio wildcat is kind of an oddball. Sounds like a weird superfuzz and op amp based.

Fuzzhugger wolf computer
Fuzzhugger ab synth
Midfi glitch computer

Multicellular

WMD Gieger Counter...

It's a digital bit crusher.

It will fry your ears.
That's what I was going to say. As noted, it is not a fuzz, BUT I think it can fulfill a very similar niche. It has bit crushing, sample rate reduction and wave table resynthesis. I had the big version and now have the small. Both are great. For me a choice between lots of tweakability and ease of use live.

theRagman

Platinum Supporting Member
3Leaf Audio You're Doom is just weird. I don't even know if it's appropriate to call a fuzz, but it's in that area. At low gain it gives bizarre synthy wave folded sounds I really dig.

Pedal Dan

That's what I was going to say. As noted, it is not a fuzz, BUT I think it can fulfill a very similar niche. It has bit crushing, sample rate reduction and wave table resynthesis. I had the big version and now have the small. Both are great. For me a choice between lots of tweakability and ease of use live.
It squares off your waveform.

Like a fuzz.

rck

Silver Supporting Member
That's a great one!

Just got mine a week ago.

You can't really adjust the fuzz level on it thou...

It's always full balls!
Always wanted to try one. How fun and functional is it using the Igor?

Full balls is a good thing!

Pedal Dan

Always wanted to try one. How fun and functional is it using the Igor?

Full balls is a good thing!
The Igor is what makes it rad!

You can adjust the mod rate or frequency by stepping on it at different pressures.

It wasn't fun til I plugged it in!

Reactions: rck

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
4ms Atoner-not sure how to describe this-in effect it's supposed to be a drone and fuzz that's fully interactive, but the instructions don't much help to understand the knobs and maybe mine is broken? How could you tell? It's just weird, honky, sludgy, resonant fuzz that changes unpredictably when you turn the knobs!

Function Fx ClusterFuzz-pretty smooth on most settings, super long sustain on just about anything, cleans up well.

Schumann PLL/Dimehead-uses a technology called phase locked loops to capture the frequency of the note you're playing, then pitch shifts it up and down and mixes the shifted notes back in. Sounds like it should do harmony but it's such a dirty, filthy harmonic signal that it's more like a bizarre fuzz with harmonic content!

wrightdude

I do like some freaky fuzzes.... Maybe the freakiest of the feedback fuzzes is Antichthon? Some crazy oscillations that change dramatically with the turn of vol and/or tone knob. Here is a clip using a device I made to automate tone control via voltage (and kept in time with music via EHX 8-step)

Reactions: kor
Black Arts Toneworks FNORD, this thing goes from glitchy, synthy velcro ripping gated fuzz to full blown massive Muff-like tones. The coolest thing is you can blend in between the two circuits to get some completely unique and savage sounds

Trending Topics

Top Bottom