"Official" Bogner Alchemist Clips Are Now Up!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Lution, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Lution

Lution Member

2. leodiditright

leodiditright Supporting Member

Do you like them? no big deal to me, too much delay, reverb drenched, though I dig Greg V's playing.

3. tennisplayer

tennisplayer Senior Member

I agree, nothing thrilling. Also, why do they add all that reverb and delay. I just want to hear what the amp sounds like, minus all the crap.

4. Lution

Lution Member

I think they might just be sort of showcasing the built-in effects in some of those clips.

Ok....
    Upon one quick listen of all the clips.... here are my first thoughts. To me, these Alchemist clips sound like a Shiva/XTC hybrid. It has that snarly midrange of the 6L6 Shiva, but it's smoother with a touch of earthiness like the 101B... yet with it's own sound swirled in there too. It has that signature Bogner sound for sure! :) A little congested and compressed, which is what I personally love about the Bogner sound.

The clips that immediately jumped out at me were these:

http://www.bogneramplification.com/sounds/AlchemistClean3_GregV.mp3

http://www.bogneramplification.com/sounds/AlchemistGain1_GregV.mp3

http://www.bogneramplification.com/sounds/Alchemistgainboost2121_GregV.mp3

http://www.bogneramplification.com/sounds/Alchemistgainboost2122_GregV.mp3

http://www.bogneramplification.com/sounds/Alchemistgainboost2123_GregV.mp3

I'd say Bogner has a sure winner on their hands here. I can't wait now to try one out in person!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  5. Greg V.

Greg V. Member

Hi Folks,

Yes Lution is exactly right, in these clips I wanted to showcase the amps cool built in delay and reverb settings. It's the first Bogner amp with onboard delay so I thought some folks might like to hear it featured on the clips. To show the effects ranges, some clips have just a touch of delay, while others use a wetter mix setting, this allows the delays tonal warmth to be heard easier. For example, one clip starts with me just hitting a chord and then letting the warm echo trails be heard clearly and then I start to play.

Also, lots more cool Alchemist clips are coming from other guitarists, esp looking forward to hearing Jeff McErlain's clips, this guy is an incredible player !! Fantastic player he is... So you'll be able to hear a large range of playing styles and tones as the clips are released.

For me, amp MP3 clips are really just a basic reference point to hear an amps general tonal character, timbre, gain amount etc... Just broad tonal strokes to hear.... I like to dial up tones that are darker, smeared and smokier than some folks may like to use but nothing can replace the experience of a player "hearing and feeling" an amp in person.

6. Lution

Lution Member

Hey Greg!!

Dude, Killer playing as usual!! Just Awesome!!

I tend to be very attracted to the smokier earthy woody dark tones as well. That's probably why I really liked your clips right off the bat. Your clips of the Ecstasy was what pretty much sold me on it. That dark woody sound is "it"! :) I also really noticed how warm the effects sounded. I heard the tape delay do its thing and the reverb was also very warm. Didn't feel out of place at all.

7. Audioholic

Audioholic Member

8. bilbal

bilbal Member

Definitely has piqued my interest. Great playing and cool demos. I'm excited to hear this thing in person with my guitars and crappy technique - LOL.

Thanks for the post(s) guys!!!

9. Dane

Dane Member

10. Greg V.

Greg V. Member

Hi Lution,

Thanks! After all these years of messing with tones, I'm really liking more lo-fi, trashy and sludgy sounds. I don't mean cheap tones but just darker, brooding and melancholic textures.... Maybe it's the economic crisis we're in, I dunno. :dunno

11. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

Amp sounds great I think it would suit my playing style nicely, love the fact that the delay is built in too!

12. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

13. haslar

haslar Member

Hey GregV, that 4th clip really is in that "Problem Child" (Doyle Bramhall II) camp!
    Great stuff!

14. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Silver Supporting Member

That's a great sounding amp for the money and Greg your playing was inspired.

Make that programable liek the Spider and I'm sold.

15. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Member

Sounds damn good to me. Nice and chewy sounding. Love to listen to Greg V . Super tasty awesome player and look forward to playing the Alchemist myself.

16. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

Jeesus, another amp to put on the list!

17. Squigglefunk

Squigglefunk Senior Member

and they're available at best buy

18. mude

mude Supporting Member

I have always liked Bogner stuff. For current purposes, I wish these new ones were a little lighter (65 pounds for the 1x12 and 80 for the 2x12), but it will get a look by me.

Evan.

19. jmcerlain

jmcerlain Member

Thanks for the props my friend. As usual your clips sounded great. My amp is on the way and I'll have the clips done asap.

Unfortunately the video demos I did at Bogner with Line 6 had some audio issues that made them useless. Big bummer! But there may be some in the future. But as I said I will have some clips up as soon as I get the amp and get them to the folks at Line 6. Looking forward to it.

20. AndyZ

AndyZ Member

Hey Greg! How goes it? Those clips are definitely you! Great stuff as always. Totally different sound I've been dialing in with the Alchy head and 212 I've been running. Great to hear how versatile it can be! Jeff, that was my head you were using. Didn't hear the clips yet here.