Official Boss Waza Craft Club :)

Sam Xavier

Still hoping for a BF-2w and a PH-1rw

Anyhow, I have the DM-2w and the CE-2w. Both great pedals IMO. I had the original - the real original - DM-2 and the new lad sounds very close, as far as I can tell. I use it in t'other mode, though. CE-2w sounds grand, too. I use that one in the CE-1 mode, mostly. Still settling into using that thing, because I use chorus for a few specific tones, so until I can unleash it in a proper band context, I won't know for sure which is best for me.

The-Kid

Pedal Art: CIOKS/Vboutique/Providence Dealer
Vendor
Still hoping for a BF-2w and a PH-1rw

Anyhow, I have the DM-2w and the CE-2w. Both great pedals IMO. I had the original - the real original - DM-2 and the new lad sounds very close, as far as I can tell. I use it in t'other mode, though. CE-2w sounds grand, too. I use that one in the CE-1 mode, mostly. Still settling into using that thing, because I use chorus for a few specific tones, so until I can unleash it in a proper band context, I won't know for sure which is best for me.
I only set up stereo once.....

Need to do it again with my Princeton and AC15, I daisy chain one amp into the other.....need to hear how that sounds with the CE2W chorus!!!!!

Sam Xavier

I only set up stereo once.....

Need to do it again with my Princeton and AC15, I daisy chain one amp into the other.....need to hear how that sounds with the CE2W chorus!!!!!
I don't have a stereo rig, so that option ain't for me. Maybe one day.

Amp_Addicted

I own all of the delay & modulation Waza pedals. I love DC-2w & VB-2w best. The CE-2w & DM-2w are also both well done. I wish they did a Waza Hyper Fuzz FZ-2w. Didn't really like the BD-2w, but I am more of a fuzz/boost pedal type rather than distortion/overdrive pedal type.

javierj

Hello, I called my local music shop today earlier during the day and and I asked about the Boss Chorus CE-2W and the rep told me they have one, just one unit left in stock. I could not go today, had some appointments to attend and the guy was nice enough and told me he could hold on to the pedal for me, just for a few hours, in case someone else would buy it and if I show up tomorrow, when they open at 11am. I am gonna be the first person outside that store tomorrow:p !

Sometimes the reps at this local store are kind of sloppy (well at least some of them have been in the past), so I asked him to read me back what he was showing in his computer, when I asked him to check in the system to make sure they indeed have a CE-2W. I don't want to go there all exited just to find out they had something else :jo,,,

I have read and heard so many great things about this pedal and also I have heard many videos and it is just that great 80s chorus sound that I felt in love when I first heard it around 1997 when I started playing electric guitar. I have heard several chorus pedals and it seems that no other nails this chorus sound so rich and well as this Waza Craft Chorus pedal does. I went through a great Flanger pedal (an Ibanez/Maxon Vintage), just to look for that type of chorus sound, I've search everywhere, even in outside territories.

My search for that great chorus sound might be coming to a end...I hope I get it. I hope everything goes well tomorrow, I hope I see your legendary face tomorrow and take you home with me and if I do, you're never leaving my board...
Look what I just got, brand new !!!!

I am extremely happy!!!

TheSpricket

Another big fan of the CE2w! It's like playing a twin reverb or Strat. It IS is the sound of chorus. It's totally incredible how many sounds you can get out of the 2 knobs and 3 modes.

Mainly I use it in the vibrato mode, aka fast mode, with the depth at half and speed just above half. This just nails the classic faux Leslie sound.

It might also be one of my favorite looking pedals on my board. It even LOOKS like a chorus pedal.

Tritone

I have had a bunch of delay pedals over the years, including a Memory Lane v2, Strymon Volante, etc, and the DM-2w is my favorite by far. The EQ on the repeats is just so good. If they came out with a DM-2w with a tap I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

javierj

Quick question, I have never had a Boss pedal before. It says on the Boss CE-2w pedal, "Use Boss PSA Adaptor Only." Is that for real? So you cannot use other brands of power adapter? Even if it matches all the electrical requirements? I only try the pedal today with a 9V battery, I just got this pedal. And I also noticed how fast this pedal will eat a 9 volt battery. I got a new fresh battery, it measured 9.50 volts on my meter and used the pedal for around 1 hour and half and now the battery reads 8.76 volts. Kind of fast compared to other pedals that I have powered with 9V battery before. I always remove the input cable of the pedal, to save battery, whenever I am done using the pedal.

atarilovesyou

Quick question, I have never had a Boss pedal before. It says on the Boss CE-2w pedal, "Use Boss PSA Adaptor Only." Is that for real? So you cannot use other brands of power adapter? Even if it matches all the electrical requirements? I only try the pedal today with a 9V battery, I just got this pedal. And I also noticed how fast this pedal will eat a 9 volt battery. I got a new fresh battery, it measured 9.50 volts on my meter and used the pedal for around 1 hour and half and now the battery reads 8.76 volts. Kind of fast compared to other pedals that I have powered with 9V battery before. I always remove the input cable of the pedal, to save battery, whenever I am done using the pedal.
For me, Boss seems to be sensitive to noise. I used a One Spot power supply for a long time until I realized how much noise it introduced. Got the PSA and that was the end of that. I alsonise it for my portable Boss dogital recorders, same issues. You won't risk damage from a reputable brand though. I use Gigrig power supplies and they are also very quiet.

atarilovesyou

I've got the SD-1, but kick myself for not getting a Blues Driver or the analog Delay at the same time. Next up us a MT-2 mainly for nostalgia and the Custom mode, and a hope that some day they will reissue the DZ-2 in Waza form.

louisnd

Quick question, I have never had a Boss pedal before. It says on the Boss CE-2w pedal, "Use Boss PSA Adaptor Only." Is that for real? So you cannot use other brands of power adapter? Even if it matches all the electrical requirements?
I use my Strymon Ojai R30 to power my CE2W without any problem or noise ...
It's probably for marketing and to ensure you properly power your pedal.
Enjoy!

javierj

Something I noticed on the first day with my new CE-2w, is that when I tried the pedal, plugged in to 2 amps, when the effect was not engaged, for some reason I felt like there was not the same volume on the two amps, I had to turn the volume up on one of the amps and then when I press the foot switch and engaged the effect the volume was normalized. That was kind of weird. I have another cheaper stereo chorus and with the effect engaged or not engaged, the volume is the same. I am talking about two amps where I have set the volume before, so they both sound the same volume, but some how with this CE-2w, when the effect is not engaged, it seems like one of the outputs of the pedal, either A or B has more or less volume only when the effect is not engaged.

Trending Topics