• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Official Quad Cortex Owners Discussions

mikah912

Silver Supporting Member
You know your in the TGP Digital & Modeling Gear forum when you have a thread full of folks, many/most non-owners, eviscerating each other over power up sequences.

I came to this "official owners" thread with questions and observations about Neural Captures but ya'll are on page 24 and stuck at powering the device up :facepalm

Patience is the word of the day when it comes to QC-related stuff....even regarding helpful discussion.

If it's any consolation.....when mine arrives in the next couple of weeks (assuming that they indeed start shipping to Sweetwater and the rest this week, I should have it by the end of the month), I plan to just start posting clips in this very thread - some just QC and some in a shootout with Helix and FM3. It boggles my mind that no one around here has demonstrated the ADA MP1 or Bogner Fish captures yet with all of the 80s cats on this forum. I wanna hear the hot-rodded Marshall tones this baby is capable of, damnit!

I think AlecLee has the substantive reaction game on lock, so my impressions will probably be on the shorter side. I'm ready to just play the darn thing.

Paleblue

Anyone try powering a midi foot controller with the usb out on the qc. Does the USB port on the unit provide power(may be a dumb question)?

Ingolf

Good sir, I know you are fond of the Kemper from your posts and for good reason, it sounds good. How would you compare your OC on that one criteria, sound?
Hi zentman!
Well, this is not easy, and you press me hard. ;)
Regarding that one criteria, sound, I'd say I still like the Kemper a little bit better.
Why that is is difficult to say, I *think* it's got to do with the Kemper cabs which are different than IR's.
I don’t mean to stir a pot here, the QC is a great machine which does so many things so well, and I'm keeping it and will be putting it to good use.
You asked. :)

MaxTwang

That's pretty much what all the threads are anymore, aren't they?

Yep, because once you have the subject device you rarely have time to post about it... unless you're taking a break ... break over, I'm off to finish capturing a Morgan AC20 Deluxe (direct and OX cabs, all switch combinations). :D

Last edited:

zentman

Hi zentman!
Well, this is not easy, and you press me hard. ;)
Regarding that one criteria, sound, I'd say I still like the Kemper a little bit better.
Why that is is difficult to say, I *think* it's got to do with the Kemper cabs which are different than IR's.
I don’t mean to stir a pot here, the QC is a great machine which does so many things so well, and I'm keeping it and will be putting it to good use.
You asked. :)
Does that include captures which, correct me if I am wrong, have no IRs unless they are speakerless captures of course.

Ingolf

Yes that and captures that already have the cab baked in. The whole amp.
Yes.
What I'm still missing with the QC is an algorithm that subtracts the cab portion from the whole rig, which would enable me to monitor over a real cab (which I absolutely prefer) while having the whole signal chain incl. cab over FOH.
Kemper has this, but didn’t have this from the start, so maybe it will come.

zentman

Yes.
What I'm still missing with the QC is an algorithm that subtracts the cab portion from the whole rig, which would enable me to monitor over a real cab (which I absolutely prefer) while having the whole signal chain incl. cab over FOH.
Kemper has this, but didn’t have this from the start, so maybe it will come.
The ones they include have no cab right? You can capture just the raw amp I thought.

Elric

Silver Supporting Member
Been working on some more captures... I am already well over half on the 256 slots... hope Neural makes good on creation of directories for caps and IRs.

Speaking of IRs. Nolly needs to get some cabs that don't have V30s. You'd think it and the Greenback was the about the only speaker ever made from the device. LOL.

Kruegmeister

I got mine in the mail yesterday and so far I'm pretty disappointed. There's a certain lack of attention to detail and polish that is a huge letdown. I'm not disappointed that the unit is limited, that's ok, I know it will get better, but what is there, I don't know, feels quite rough.

The loud noise on boot up / boot down for example, who would think that's not an issue?

The UI looks good on paper, but it's very much mystery meat navigation all over the place, small buttons that are hard to touch precisely clustered together, multiple touches required for the simplest things... very amateur hour UI design.

All in all, I'm a little disappointed about the value for the money, I really hope things get better in the future.

Just ordered & received another FM3+FC6.
FM3 Pops Twice on power-up....

Top Bottom