• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Official Quad Cortex Owners Discussions

Deanjam

This is why I think a marketplace would be ideal. It confuses me that some don't even want it lol atleast give people the option. It's cool that you don't plan on using it but there are many others who would. I think people underestimate what a professionally done capture can sound like. See the kemper for many examples. Right now it would be similar similar to just using rig exchange, which has some gems, but nowhere as good as professional ones
I’m waiting for the day I can purchase amp packs. It may take some time for the marketplace to appear and then to find out the better profilers, without wasting money. I miss Mbritt and Tonejunkie packs of amps I can’t access. We need a way to preview captures before people start releasing 75 versions of one amp though.

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
I am having similar issues. I've got a zillion devices that connect to the WiFi in the home studio area flawlessly on the 2.4 band. There is an extender right outside the door so almost everything is getting like full strength signal. The QC can only connect if I set the phone on a stand next to it and do a hot spot and even then it disconnects, etc. With no support for FW upgrades or backups without WiFi I am starting to get anxious. I tried to back it up four or five times yesterday and it would just be busy for several minutes and then return but the last back up date still points to the old one.
That's not normal but many things can interfere with a 2.4Ghz device. Make sure it's not near anything else wireless (or turn them off) and that the extender is actually working. To troubeshoot its compatibility with the extender, put the QC next to the router/modem and try it.

xush

what is the average storage capacity of profilers?
The QC has 1024 capture slots (plus whatever the cloud capacity is, probably another 1024 of your own caps only)
What can the Kemper hold, profile-wise? Any other units that capture/profile/clone?

Last edited:

xush

Just purchased Archetype Henson and Abasi during the 50% off sale going on now.
Now, if only Neural would update the QC to include these plug ins....
I grabbed Henson, looking forward to digging in to the Multivoicer. I would think that's the engine we'd see ported as an Intelligent Pitch-shifter to the QC eventually.
The Diffusion delay also seems interesting, could be tweaked into a sort of soft-attack/slow gear type effect.

onyir

Yes, the internal ground switches never make any difference in my experience.
Hmm, that's strange. In my case, when running xlrs out they make a big difference. I never get noise issues when using xlrs and the ground lift off (on the outputs, there's another one in the inputs that doesn't make any difference when using guitar cables). Perhaps you should contact support (if you haven't already)

Elric

Silver Supporting Member
That's not normal but many things can interfere with a 2.4Ghz device. Make sure it's not near anything else wireless (or turn them off) and that the extender is actually working. To troubleshoot its compatibility with the extender, put the QC next to the router/modem and try it.
Thanks for the ideas TonePilot... Yeah. I was planning that exercise, gonna mess with it some this weekend. I can verify both the main WiFi and the access point from other devices.

It is frustrating that a device with a USB port's only connectivity for data transfer and backup is via 2.4GHz WiFi. I am going to reach out to NDSP support a second time with more info. I have not made much use of the online features but if they are not going to have any other data connectivity, that means this needs to work right most of the time or at least reliably when I need it to.

what is the average storage capacity of profilers?
The QC has 1024 capture slots (plus whatever the cloud capacity is, probably another 1024 of your own caps only)
What can the Kemper hold, profile-wise? Any other units that capture/profile/clone?
FWIW, QC has a 32Gb SD Card internally. So it has a *ton* of memory for profiles and IRs in hardware; the limits right now are arbitrary and due to the lack of on device or external data management tools. They really need an editor or an app to manage the device to tap its potential.

If you go to Settings->Device Options->Disk Space you will see your memory usage. Mine says it has 25.6Gb free of 27.1 so my pretty full Qc is only using like 6% of its storage.

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the ideas TonePilot... Yeah. I was planning that exercise, gonna mess with it some this weekend. I can verify both the main WiFi and the access point from other devices.
Let me know what happens.

Dead-Pan

Just uploaded.

Screenshot_20211119-113126.jpg

20211015_150816.jpg

guitarrob

Hmm, that's strange. In my case, when running xlrs out they make a big difference. I never get noise issues when using xlrs and the ground lift off (on the outputs, there's another one in the inputs that doesn't make any difference when using guitar cables). Perhaps you should contact support (if you haven't already)

That’s interesting and good to know. Yeah, I’ve gone over my ground issues with support already and they’ve verified my issues and have assured me that the newly sourced, forthcoming power supply will rectify these issues.

Now, just the wait, but in the meantime, l don’t have any ground noise issues, with my Polytune 3 plugged in between my guitar and QC.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom