Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

Comments

For all the slippery, random, off-the-cuff notes that make up his solos, I've always been amazed at how he always found the exact right place to land.... and how incredibly tight and precise his rhythm playing was.

Listening to Fair Warning now. Just.... no words.

That first release-bend note on "Dirty Movies".... perfection. :)

was very sad to hear this today. what an immensley talented person, and hugely influentual, with a unique style and sound. Thanks for the music Eddie.

Started learning to play the guitar because of Edward. Which was no easy task, trying to learn 'little guitars" (intro), and Fair Warning, in it's entirety. Not easy, but taught me so much in technique and phrasing, even though I play indie/noise rock and shoegaze now. Thank you Ed

For all the slippery, random, off-the-cuff notes that make up his solos, I've always been amazed at how he always found the exact right place to land.... and how incredibly tight and precise his rhythm playing was.

Listening to Fair Warning now. Just.... no words.

That first release-bend note on "Dirty Movies".... perfection. :)
And that is what one does. Resolve to close the circle. And he done did that well. Yep.

RIP Ed. You made me a better musician. Always an inspiration.
I can still remember hearing Jamie's Crying on the radio when it was first released. How time flies.

Trending Topics