• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Official Waza Request Thread

Hawkmoon269

Irrational BOSS Fanatic
Silver Supporting Member
OK, maybe not official. But which Boss pedals should be reissued as WazaCraft pedals, and what extra modes should they include?

I'd be much more interested in 1:1 MIJ reissues, much like those in the anniversary box set. Wouldn't mind paying a premium for those.

Or, at least, remove any extra switches from the faceplate, like it was done on the HM-2W and throw in an extra "waza-less" rubber pad.

almost analog

Pn-2 with adjustable phase and that harmonic tremolo

Bf-2 w hf2 mode like others have suggested (also bass flanger)

Ph-2r but w like Roland jet phaser

PS-3 update with harmonists control, more modern digital delay and keep that mode 7

Ds-1 just because

Ge-7 analog man mod off the shelf

Cs-3 gussy up that workhorse

Tw2 t-Wah - a good boss env filter. I always thought env filters should have expression to be used as a straight up Wah (maybe with Wah voicings controlled on the stomp box)

Boss psm5 - yeah sure take on the ciokolate etc. Ha!

And
Get 3000ish more matched germanium transistors. I’m thinking a hyper fuzz fz-2w with that killer boost, fuzz 1, electric wizard fuzz 2, and tone bender fuzz 3

MSRP $3499.99 (let’s just bump it by an even factor of 10)

Kriig

One of my fav among Boss: OD-2r (just fired it up again after 25 years)

Higher headroom and a custom mode with more bottom end.

olejason

The FZ-2 is the most notable one still remaining that can be easily done but it definitely doesn't have the same hype around as it as the HM-2. The DD-2 isn't possible unless they find a cache of chips or go a completely different route for the circuit.

I'd love to see them swerve everyone and do a RE-20w in the dual enclosure.

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
The DD-2 had a magic chip in it, the long chip. Do they still make them?
The 'long chip' was a custom (probably semi-custom) microprocessor/memory array made originally for the Roland SDE-3000. It was not available to other companies for purchase bitd, just used by Boss/Roland. Therefore, there's not a stockpile sitting in the back of some recently bankrupt parts distributor, waiting to be found.

BUT, there is a thriving group of businesses both on-and-offshore who, for a mere 50-75k, will lift the lid on a chip and give the buyer an archetectural map (if not down to the transistor) of what's inside. Some have also developed methods to dump the onboard software (if it is on board... many devices from the early 80s used off-chip PROMs).

I'd be surprised if someone like Behringer hasn't already done it, but decided it wasn't worth the small market to re-create the mystique of the long-chip... and no-one would buy it if it came out with a little postage-stamp quad-pack..."you can't get all the mojo in a small SMD". : rollseyes :
The mojo... it's in the software, not the chip.

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
BUT, there is a thriving group of businesses both on-and-offshore who, for a mere 50-75k, will lift the lid on a chip and give the buyer an archetectural map (if not down to the transistor) of what's inside. Some have also developed methods to dump the onboard software (if it is on board... many devices from the early 80s used off-chip PROMs).
Kinda surprised someone hasn't gone to the effort to do this with a SAD1024. An SMD of that chip for compact/mini versions of the ADA, MXR M117 and of course Electric Mistress flangers would blow peoples' minds.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom