Offset Pedal Couplers

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by frankencat, Apr 16, 2016.

1. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

I am thinking of using these for a couple of spots on my pedalboard. Is anybody using them? How to they hold up?

Thanks,
    Frank

2. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

I'm always curious about the likelihood of damaging a jack when prying one pedal up from the velcro.

3. Alchemy Audio

Alchemy Audio Silver Supporting Member

I don't recommend them. They place a lot of unnecessary strain on the jacks.

vbrans and Jules-RM like this.
  4. EarleG

EarleG ® Silver Supporting Member

I have several and have to be careful to make sure the plugs are set so both pedals
    are level without any binding at the plugs. Rotating slightly adapts to different height pedals
    but may not work on ones with too much height variation or plug locations. Some odd ones
    will connect fine but results in the pedals being slightly offset.
    Boss-MXR types, TC, Fulltone and even VS Route 66 work fine with the plugs.

I haven't use these on Velcro though just on flat surface and for narrowing space between pedals.
    The plugs are from Musician's Gear and sturdy.

5. Jules-RM

Jules-RM Member

This. I know you're trying to save space, but those jacks are just bad news. One thing every guitarist would benefit from learning is how to solder. Making patch cables is one of the easiest things you can do when learning to solder. And you get to practice on something you can actually use. Then eventually you won't have to pay someone if you want your guitar moded or repaired.

ironman28 likes this.