oh my... Airline h78

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
Just buy an old Harmony and get the real deal instead that overpriced crappy copy.

goodwater

yeah..if you look you can probably find an original for about the same price as the Eastwood--I've owned a few and they are some of my favorite hollowbodies around

EricPeterson

Just buy an old Harmony and get the real deal instead that overpriced crappy copy.
Well I have had an old silvertone, I would not exactly say the quality on the originals is anything to write home about, in fact, having played eastwoods, I would say this new one would likely be a major step up in quality, fit and finish.

Nice, but I'd rather have...

Typical TGP, post about a sub 800 dollar guitar, get suggested a 5k dollar one. ;)

I like the vintage silvertones/harmony, but the necks on the hollow bodies tend to be too narrow for me, I am hoping that this one might have corrected that issue.

Last edited:
Well I have had an old silvertone, I would not exactly say the quality on the originals is anything to write home about, in fact, having played eastwoods, I would say this new one would likely be a major step up in quality, fit and finish.

Typical TGP, post about a sub 800 dollar guitar, get suggested a 4k dollar one. ;)

I like the vintage silvertones/harmony, but the necks on the hollow bodies tend to be too narrow for me, I am hoping that this one might have corrected that issue.
Typical indeed, its just the first thing I thought of given the features.:aok

Palladio

Platinum Supporting Member
yeah..if you look you can probably find an original for about the same price as the Eastwood--I've owned a few and they are some of my favorite hollowbodies around
+1 I have a '66 Harmony Rocket that is a great sounding guitar. Given that vintage ones can be found in the same price range, I'd rather have a good example from the 60's. I've never played a modern Airline/Eastwood guitar though, so don't really know how they compare.

Trending Topics