Oh Where Are You Red Planet????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by rastaman, Feb 23, 2006.

1. rastaman

rastaman Member

So Red Planet played my '52 RI Tele through my 2061X and I can't believe he's not made a mention of it. I think he liked them both but I'm not sure as he didn't have much time to play before he had to bail :( .

2. rastaman

rastaman Member

:horse :horse :horse :horse :horse :horse Maybe I can get up his way soon and we can have more time to jam.
    :horse :horse :horse :horse :horse :horse :horse :horse :horse

3. bailnout

bailnout Member

Yea, hey Red Planet. I just sent you a private message too. Call me, I need your help if you can give it.

4. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

OK I'm right here. Guess what I'm sipping on?

Yes the 20 watter sounded awsome. I should have purchased one of those instead of the 100 Watter. :jo The 4x10 is a good cab to go with it. I hate I didnt get to play it longer than I did.

I would say the 20 watter is very much more Plexi like than my 18 watter. Tight, Warm, Punchy, and of coarse loud as hell. Sorry I havent been around much but dang a fella can only do so much.

5. rastaman

rastaman Member

Yes you are an overworked sippin' rocker :JAM.

I just thought you might like to share ;) .

6. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

I put one up for the Gipper Today remind me to tell you about it.

7. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

I should also mention the 2061 was rated in Guitar Player Magazine (this month) Number One in the readers polll award.

You need to bring that thing up here one weekend and lets go to town.

8. BozoTone

BozoTone Member

I was beginning to wonder about the boy myself...I guess the runs to Gainsville ain't been fun...I would like to hear rastas' 2061x also, so maybe we could all hookup the same weekend and have Mrs. Beeze ready to kill all of us.....:D.....
    BZT

9. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Yeah I been under the gun here lately. That would be a good Idea to get both of you guys over to the Beasley Plantation at the same time and play with a few rigs. Maybe we could get Bailnout to come over too and show us all how to play. That dudes chops are ferocious.

You should see Rastamans rig its cool as ****. He uses the 2061x run into 2x10's of a 4X10 Marshall Cab and then has a Marshall Artist running into the other 2x10's in the same cab. Its a very unusual setup and I like it. :AOK

10. bailnout

bailnout Member

Thanks for the compliment RP. I didn't realize you ever had my chops. The wife thinks they are good too. I buy them as a whole fillet at Sam's club and cut them to thickness myself. I can bring some up for a jam and BBQ some weekend. I don't know what you mean by "ferocious" but if my chops are too hot for you I can spice them a different way.
    ;)

BTW, thanks for all your help over the last couple of days. I wouldn't even know what to look at with that amp if you weren't on the phone with me. I wouldn't even consider myself an "eyeball guru" when it comes to tubes. :D

I'll call you later.

11. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

OK then its settled we are gonna make it a BBQ. So lets do this Rastaman your gonna have to make room for a day at the Beaz's. We'll bring Amps and lay the fillets across the Tubes.:D Bailntout I consider you a class act so anytime I can help you let me know. Bozotone plan on it. Should we do this on a Saturday or Sunday?

12. bailnout

bailnout Member

Saturday would be best for me.

13. bailnout

bailnout Member

But not this Saturday.

14. BozoTone

BozoTone Member

Hey RP, anytime is good...Sat. is usually one of the Goodsell build days but I think Richard could figure out how to put one together without me...LOLOL...let me know.....
    BZT

15. Doodad

Doodad Member

Not til my amp is done Bozo. And that goes for the rest of you. BTW, I cook a mean filet myself.:dude

16. rastaman

rastaman Member

DITTO! I'm still in the research/design stages of another rig that I'd like to have completed to bring also.

17. Doodad

Doodad Member

I get mine today!!!!!!!!!!

18. rastaman

rastaman Member

UUhhgg..... I haven't ordered mine yet :confused:

19. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

DD your welcome to come. I could make sure I have a drummer and a bass player around also.

20. BozoTone

BozoTone Member

Hey RP....I'm the best drummer you know...and probably the worst guitar player you know.....
    BZT