Oh, you installed hospital-grade outlets. That's nice.

Discussion in 'Home Audio (Stereo Systems)' started by twinrider1, Jul 24, 2017.

1. larrylover

larrylover Member

Ok, I have been involved in music system hobby for a while, and I have seen all kinds of ******** -- disks you put on top of components -- and milimeters difference in placement and even slight turning of the disks purportedly makes an enormous difference in sound; paying hundreds of dollars for things on which you place speaker wire so it is off the ground; interconnects that cost in mid-four figures -- more than an entire very capable stereo system.

But these damn pebbles take the cake. I am sorry, anyone who buys them should come see me and pay me the same money and I will give them the psychic high of telling them how good their system sounds.

2. Funky54

Funky54 Member

Place those cables in the right setup and it does matter. Just because you have not heard the difference or can’t quantify it on paper doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I use to make fun of the snake oil audio cable debates...I’m not laughing anymore.

Jackie Treehorn likes this.
  3. Funky54

Funky54 Member

This is debated all the time.. I don’t have a science answer that you need, to believe. But I do know I don’t listen with beakers and calculators. I listen with my ears. I gave up ney saying some of this stuff because we did A&B test... like a lot. And then your left with truths. I can’t prove on paper every variable or difference. What works in one situation does not work in the next.

Jackie Treehorn likes this.
  4. Alan Dunn

Alan Dunn Member

I was talking about arrows on the side of some cheap cables. I think you might be assuming a little too much.

You could have connected these cables anyway you liked - they'd still measure the same.

The packaging and marketing of the product though was very well thought out.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  5. 2016aug29

2016aug29 Supporting Member

The arrows may refer to which end the screen is connected. It is common to leave the end connected to the input on the next component open.

In fact, that's how I made my power cords and interconnects. Not that I notice a difference he-he

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  6. yeky83

yeky83 Member

Please watch video from post #95.

lp_bruce likes this.
  7. loudboy

loudboy Supporting Member

I'm thinking that disconnecting the ground may not be the best idea with a power cable.

8. 2016aug29

2016aug29 Supporting Member

Not the ground, but the shield. I'm talking about shielded power cables. You connect the shield to ground only at the plug which goes into the wall socket.

[​IMG]
    http://diyaudioprojects.com/Power/diyMains/

9. Coolidge

Coolidge Member

Did you notice the guy's front yard, about 50 power lines 50 feet from his stereo. lol

10. PremiumPlus

PremiumPlus Member

I didn't see that, but I've got a pole pig transformer outside the front of my home that wreaks havoc with my power. I had the house rebuilt 17 years ago and at that time had all new electric put in. 200 amp service, new wire, outlets, dedicated power to my studio, etc. etc. It's noisy and it's from that damn transformer. I've complained and the power company tells me basically, pound sand. Sucks.