Ohh NO! I might be forgetting my LP

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Rocksully, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Rocksully

Rocksully Member

I always choose my Tele over my LP.
    I have an amazing LP, but in the end, I choose my Telecaster over my Les Paul.

Sometimes a guitar chooses you I suppose.

I cant retire it, but damn, Tele's are so wicked

2. KGWagner

KGWagner Member

Don't sweat it. I have a mechanic's chest full of tools, with a screwdriver drawer that probably has 3 dozen drivers in it. One of them is my favorite - it feels best in my hand and suits a wide variety of tasks, so it gets used the most. That doesn't mean I have to get rid of the rest of them. Sometimes, one of the others is better suited to the task at hand.

A Les Paul is a fine guitar. If I were the collecting type, I wouldn't mind having one. But, from past experience I know on the going-in side I'd rarely play it. It would just be for occasional use, only as directed.

3. scottlr

scottlr Member

I know what you mean. My LP ain't going anywhere, and I love it. But every night when I chose a guitar for late night TV playing, it is 50% of the time one of my Teles. I grabbed the LP last night, and we had a good time. Tonight, it'll probably be back to the Tele.

4. epluribus

epluribus Member

5. Full Monty

Full Monty Member

Bah, you wait until you've got over twenty clamouring for your attention, if you leave one alone too long it starts to sulk and then you have to play if exclusively for a few days to get it to behave properly! I'm not kidding either!

But it's nice to be able to choose according to your mood, even if it's the guitar that does the choosing.:D

6. DZfishtech

DZfishtech Member

Monty, I have a house and live here by myself, if you need a place to "store" a few, I got plenty of room and won't even charge rent. :)

7. Full Monty

Full Monty Member

You aren't the first to offer but I'll bear it mind if I ever move to Kansas:beer. I have a bungalow to myself and I've slowly filled every nook and crannie with guitars.

8. rooster

rooster Member

I thought, for a minute, you meant on your Christmas List. Maybe you should get it a nice bottle of polish.

rooster.

9. Full Monty

Full Monty Member

I use plenty of polish .... :)