Ohhh No,More Tremolo Questions

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Garage Dog, May 13, 2008.

1. Garage Dog

Garage Dog Member

Well guys I need one more pedal and I will be ready to assemble my pedal board.Yep you guessed it a trem pedal.I have a few questions and a list of the pedals I am thinking about.You guys were a GREAT help in helping me pick a vibe pedal I thought I would try again with my tremolo decision.

(1)How important is it to you to have tap tempo????

Here are the pedals I am currently thinking about:

(1)EBS TremLo: could not find much info or reviews about it,but "Guitar Player" seems very fond of it.

(2)SPF Cali Quake:same as EBS.Couldn't find a lot of info or sound clips.

(3)Dr Scientist:seems very popular good reviews and sound clips on their site.

(4)Seymour Duncan Shapeshifter:Some people seem to like it.I found very few reviews on it.They all like the user interface but no one seems to rave about excellent sound quality.Also about the same size of a VW.

I have looked into the Catlinbread Semaphore but I don't really care for the layout and their US model is larger than the first three pedals posted.
    I also contemplated the Cusack but larger footprint and more options than I would really need.

Thanks for your help and all replies:band

2. anxiousmofo

anxiousmofo Member

Tap temp is awesome, but its necessity depends on the design of the pedal and your own needs. Pretty indispensable with the Cusack given the design/functions (and the ramping is also awesome on that unit).

I have my TAW right next to the remote tap switch for my DD-20, and tap them both out at once. Love it.

The Cusack is far from large, by the way. I'd go with that, but my opinion isn't worth mcuh as I haven't tried the ones you have mentioned.

3. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Not at all. To me. Although I can imagine it would be for some so they could sync hard chops to a pounding 4/4 beat. Rawk! But, as far as more traditional trem sounds go (e.g. vintage amp trem)... none of those amps had tap tempo and they sounded great in songs.

Awesome trem for sure... love mine!

-Ben

4. Garage Dog

Garage Dog Member

Bump,No one here has tried the EBS?????? :confused:

5. joshrum

joshrum Member

I went ahead and bought a Boss TR-2, and I really wish that i had gone with something that had tap tempo instead. i stop myself from using it more because with what i play it sounds awkward if the trem is not right on with the drums...

6. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Looking outside the box a little, but:

TC Modulator - tremolo with a lot of options and Tap Tempo. Could replace some other pedals on your board possibly, making the required added real estate worth it

Catalinbread Valcoder has a more "traditional" pedal layout and is VERY small