ohm, wattage question for germino head

JP~)

would a 2 x 12 cabinet w/ 2 65W 16ohm wired parallel at 8 ohm work with the 55LV (50 watt) head...and even if so...is this the ideal power rating for this amp....thanx

Buckeyedog

Silver Supporting Member
You would be fine with that load. Never know what "ideal" is, but most say double the wattage of a tube amp for the power. So you are at a 130 watt cab for 50 watt head. I'd say that's a real good match. If you'd go smaller wattage speakers, you'd be around 50 or 60 watt total which would be fine if you are not pushing the amp much.

JP~)

thanks man...thinking of doing a M75/H75 mix.....would like a little more tight bottom end...any thoughts on that?

Buckeyedog

Silver Supporting Member
That would be a good mix. Although now that Jim has a J speaker, that is really cool too. You could do 2 J's, an M/J mix or the M/H mix. I've been preferring 2 J's or the M/J mix myself.

JPW

There is a Germino combo cab on Ebay right now. It has a M75 / H75 mix. This is exactly what you ar lookin for! Good luck

dewman

you'll get the tight bottom. might be louder since the H series are more efficient.

thanks man...thinking of doing a M75/H75 mix.....would like a little more tight bottom end...any thoughts on that?

JP~)

There is a Germino combo cab on Ebay right now. It has a M75 / H75 mix. This is exactly what you ar lookin for! Good luck
yeah...saw that. Just doesn't seem worth the risk for a cabinet that someone else messed with. I could save $200- or I could just get someone else's headache.

JP~)

That would be a good mix. Although now that Jim has a J speaker, that is really cool too. You could do 2 J's, an M/J mix or the M/H mix. I've been preferring 2 J's or the M/J mix myself.
I haven't really looked at the J. I'm new to mixing...just trying to gather info....it's not gonna be the end of the world if my new head sits in the box for awhile...I wanna get this right.

...i could always just go vintage also....saw a Pre Rola cab when I was picking up my strat...was pricey though

Buckeyedog

Silver Supporting Member
The J sits right between the M and H. More M voiced with a bit more top and bottom. It's a really great speaker.

Trending Topics