OK, Choke down the bile first...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by V-man, May 18, 2011.

1. V-man

V-man Member

Now then, For those of you who played a BARF MentalZone and didn't immediately throw it throw a window in disgust, yet had enough perseverance to mod it rather than hide it under the closet:

What is the best mod to make this awefulness usable? I bought one as a novelty. $25 for 25 min wasn't the worst waste of money in my life, but now it's a paperweight, and I am looking to get some kind of use from this. I have heard of "Boogie, ENGL, etc." mods for this pedal, but have no clue if these are mods to make them sound like the amps, mods best used with those amps, or simply a moniker.

Help with the various mods and the best ones for accomplishing what this pedal attempted in the 90s would be helpful. If it helps, this pedal would be blaspheming the tone of various Marshalls. TIA!

2. Jeff el

Jeff el Member

I had an MT-2 which had one of Monte Allums' basic mod kits and it was a great pedal.