OK I admit it...

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
I have a BOSS ME-80 on order for use in front of my VHT 12/20. Will let you know how it goes compared to the TC Nova System when it arrives....

eclecto-acoustic

Coal-hating feral hippie
Platinum Supporting Member
Ooh, please do. I'm not totally sold on a multi-fx unit right now, but if it can get me the few sounds I want for cheap, it's on the list.

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
There's something about the layout and features of the ME-80 that I really like. I'm really excited to give it an honest try. My only concern is noise/hiss because right now my setup is deal silent.

deanesque

For me the big let down is all the FX you have to give up if you want to use a compressor.

Last edited:

Baba

Silver Supporting Member
Very happy with my 70, but I wouldn't rule out getting an 80 down the road.

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
That's not stopping me at all. I looked at the other effects in that "bank" or 'section" and can definitely work with it.

One VERY cool thing is the CTL pedal, which apparently can be assigned to turn any efect on or off while still in patch mode. it's like having two channels or a boost or whatever you need. LOVE IT!

Forme the big let down is all the FX you have to give up if you want to use a compressor.

OotMagroot

Will have to subscribe to this thread. Extremely tempted in getting the 80. The NAMM clips I heard sounded really nice!

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
I played out (and in) for a few years with the 70 +/- a lead pedal du jour and it was great. fwiw...
ymmv.... ;)

jon

deanesque

Please elaborate on the compressor issue .....I'm not familiar with this issue ....Thanks, Jim

There are 8 FX blocks including the Pedal. You can see each has a square around it. Only one effect can be used from each block at a time.

shanghaitele

I already sold my me70 to be ready to buy the me-80 when will be available here in shanghai. I loved my me-70 and I hope I will love also the me80

Baba

Silver Supporting Member
The ME series is more of a knob-driven, WYSIWYG, layout and design.

The GT series is a more feature-laden, complex, and menu driven piece.

deanesque

I would add to that that the ME series is geared more toward use in front of an amp whereas the GT series is at fine with or without an amp.

Badside

I'm wondering one thing about the ME: is the cab sim decent? I love the layout and all the easy to reach knobs. But every demo I find has it running into an amp, and they mention you turn on cab sim by plugging in earphones.

Is it usable as a DI device for live gigs? (Don't like the GT layout)

Baba

Silver Supporting Member
I'm wondering one thing about the ME: is the cab sim decent? I love the layout and all the easy to reach knobs. But every demo I find has it running into an amp, and they mention you turn on cab sim by plugging in earphones.

Is it usable as a DI device for live gigs? (Don't like the GT layout)
I think words like decent and usable are in the ear of the beholder, but, it works, lol.

I MUCH prefer to use an external cab sim unit.

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
Nobody really knows yet about the ME-80 though. Or at least not the general population. It seems to be borrowing a lot from it's big brother the GT-100. We will have to wait and see! I had my head in the PDF owner's manual all afternoon today and I am VERY excited to give this a try. I love the knobs and layout! That CTL pedal in patch mode idea is brilliant too.

I would add to that that the ME series is geared more toward use in front of an amp whereas the GT series is at fine with or without an amp.

DGChaos

Oh. Are the cab sims the same on the MEs? I've been looking to add external cab sims to my GT-100. I could wait for the SD Amplifire but I'm not too fussy.

I quite like Boss's effects and flexibility so was wondering about the ME-80.