Ok, I Don't Like The New Format--not At All!

Discussion in 'Interactive Administrator Threads' started by creatorcreator, May 18, 2015.

1. creatorcreator

creatorcreator Member

The title pages read something like this "Sou
    nd
    Lou
    ge".
    I use a Kindle which doesnt have text sizes, i just expand text with my finger tips. Why it displays like this, in two letter segments, idk. But im legally blind and its frustrating.

Its also not moving my cursor when i touch the scfeen so i have to hit space, space, space, return, return, etc., to type certain things.

It also took me piblishing the thread without a message in the body before i could type in the body! Wth? It also does not spell check or capitalize...And these are things im finding out in real time, complaints i didnt know about until i started this thread about single letter thread headings!

Why dis you change a PERFECT FORUM?

jb4674 and emjee like this.
  2. creatorcreator

creatorcreator Member

I cant even edit "dis" to "did"...

3. ROTHNROLL

ROTHNROLL Member

I like this much better!

4. sleewell

sleewell Member

5. creatorcreator

creatorcreator Member

Yeah, i know, sour grapes, but i cant be the only one...
    It reminds me of another guitar forum that changed their format.
    Maybe its temporary. What was wrong with the old way? Something must have been, right? Worked great for me. Oh, well.Maybe its to disuade visually impaired users...

emjee likes this.
  6. Mark Wein

Mark Wein Member

I'd give it some time to be ironed out. I switched my forum to this platform a few years ago and the users love it. I bet within a week they'll have everyone happy here. It just takes a few days to get it all zeroed in when you make a big change like this and unlike the "other place" that made a change I think that the management here made the right choice and have handled things quite well.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  7. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

You must give them a few days to get things running smoothly for all formats, that's how it is.
    Personally I think it's way better and functionality up to par with other good forums I'm on.
    And they had to change as well.

8. hank57

hank57 Silver Supporting Member

May the fork be with you all in this time of change. In time all will be back to the regular bickering. Change is tough especially for old folks. Me included.

9. creatorcreator

creatorcreator Member

Btw, tgp is my main internet squeeze. I lurk...A LOT! And im all for betterment. But this is not better FOR ME. And, TO ME is all that matters to me, and should matter as a general user.
    Its alsays more difficult for me to post, so i dont a lot. And if its something wronv on my device and anyone may have answers,let ne know.

10. TheAmpFactory

TheAmpFactory Member

I like the new format much better. - although its a bit bright for me, and the Dark theme currently does not work due to a bug it seems. - however Im sure they will fix that!.

How do we change our profile picture btw? - I don't think its possible is it?

11. tommc

tommc Member

Bug report: My Watched threads has does not match my "Subscribed threads" from before, It is missing some of the ones I had, and there are some from years ago that were not in my current Subscribed list. I suspect these may clear up when you are done reindexing the database.

12. BigBone

BigBone Member

I'm liking the new format the changes are not that drastic:)

13. creatorcreator

creatorcreator Member

Couldnt edit again, but that word is wrong, not wrov. Im not old, i have Stargardts disease--im legally blind, really, i cant drive or read normal text, or see a lot of things you see. So, i am a special case. It probably works great for everyone else.

14. Gtrzrus

Gtrzrus Gold Supporting Member

My feedback rating is gone as well as all my pm's? Drat...

15. bjornkom

bjornkom Supporting Member

Should be 87 Positive.
    :-(

16. creatorcreator

creatorcreator Member

Yeah, but i went to talkbass, that forum has the same template as the new tgp. Its inpossible to get around there. Worse than the headings/titles here. But i guess its my machine. Ok, computer...

17. LPMojoGL

LPMojoGL Music Room Superstar Supporting Member

It takes time to get comfortable with a new format.
    I'm excited to try out the new features. Looks like quite a bit of useful stuff added.

OP, I can't think of a better excuse to upgrade from a Kindle to a fullblown Macbook Pro. I mean, you gotta have your TGP, right? Any excuse for new gear is a good one. Go with it!

18. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

Can't shut off display of things I don't want to see, like the Pub. Ugh. :(

19. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

I noted this also in another thread. Not the end of the world, though, it merely requires increased fortitude and vigilance on the part of those of us who wish to avoid it.

Generally speaking, my position now is "wait and see." People are generally uncomfortable with change. Patience is a virtue.

20. emjee

emjee Member

I am with the OP. Liked the old one much better. I just went to the emporium and I can only have 25 threads (ads, posts whatever) on one page?