OK I just made a warranty claim on a broken string....

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
Platinum Supporting Member
Let's see what happens. It was a brand new set of NYXL 10-46 with less than an hour of play time on them. The high e broke during a bend - not on the bridge break point or saddle or anything, it was right between the 9th and 10th fret.

I took the requested picture of the defective item and uploaded the receipt. I kinda get that strings break, but at over $12 a set I expect more. BrokenString.jpg

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
You go girl!

Kidding....I'm interested in what will happen. :)
Yeah I realize that this is what strings do... but dang I already have 3 or 4 sets of strings with a missing high e because of a break. If it was a basic EB slinky for $5 I can maybe overlook, but these are supposed to be "durable".

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
They will send you a few e strings. That’s it.
That's as much as I could expect, and would be perfectly acceptable.

This is user error. A repeating problem. You just admitted it. Why should the company pay for this? Absolutely incredible.
I've never broken an hour old string in the middle of the fretboard.

Yes, absolutely incredible. Now go play in the street.

CanuckChris

Slightly off topic, but I wasn't all that impressed with NYXL's when I tried them. For the price, I didn't find them to be any better or last any longer than my usual slinkies.

Good luck with the return!

Rocco Crocco

I was installing a set of dadarrio's in April. The twisted part near the ball end on one of the strings unwound on me. I contacted Dadarrio and was told they would send me a new set, but it would be awhile because they were going into lockdown due to Covid, and would not be able to go to the office. No biggie.

I forgot all about it but then in June or July I received a fresh set in the mail.:)

Last edited:

sedawkgrep

Gold Supporting Member
I was installing a set of dadarrio's in April. The twisted part near the ball end on one of the strings unwound on me. I contacted Dadarrio and was told they would send me a new set, but it would be awhile because they were going into lockdown due to Covid, and would not be able to go to the office. No biggie.

I forgot all about it but then in June or July I received a fresh set in the mail.
exactly the same story here, except after two identical breakages. I’ll forgive one, but two within mere hours of playing had me wondering if I got a bad batch.

rmendozajr

I had a similar experience with EB Slinky 11's back in the day. I popped 3 high E strings (mid fretboard breaks) across just two back to back gigs. Now it could have just been a bad batch of EB strings as I did order an online bulk order of 6 sets but still...one string break cool...another immediately after in the middle of the fretboard again...not cool! It would have been different if it was by the bridge or by the tunning pegs but mid fretboard...nope!

My solution...I just switched brands and problem solved (switched to D'Addario or GHS). I gave away my last two full EB sets of that batch of 6. Like I said...it may have just been a bad batch at that time but it was enough for me to not want to use them again.

Trending Topics