• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

OK I just made a warranty claim on a broken string....

I had trouble 10 years ago with the High E ball end unraveling on sets of D'Addario XXL9-42s. Never used them again and never had the problem with any other brand.

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
Platinum Supporting Member
"OK I just made a warranty claim on a broken string...."

And then you actually told people about it like it would be a good thing. :facepalm

No shame in deleting a thread of this caliber...

- D
Not my style.

Well they do have a 90 day guarantee.
Yes they do. I've broken strings..... we all have. For me it's usually when I pick up one of my guitars up north when I return after being gone 7 months. Another time it turns out that the bridge on my tele had a sharpe edge. But paying for a premium set and having one break shortly after installing it, I was a little upset so I looked up the guarantee.... yep 90 days.

Y'all can cry karen all you want but I paid for a working product and got a defective one. Someone said they looked old on that bridge. Could be but they were fresh out of the pack only an hour before.

BTW, they are sending a coupon for a new set. I'll have them up on the Emporium shortly.

olejason

They will send a few replacements. People are giving you a hard time but I don't blame you. I had a high F bass string ($40 set) break within an hour of installing and they sent free replacements.

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
They will send a few replacements. People are giving you a hard time but I don't blame you. I had a high F bass string ($40 set) break within an hour of installing and they sent free replacements.
Thank you.... yes who knew there was so much virtue signalling going on here. The string was clearly defective to break easily (I'm no shredder or big bends guy).

CanserDYI

I put one in the other month because D'Addario 8 string sets are mislabeled on the lowest two strings, they're opposite from what the pack said. Unfortunately I was separating the low strings for two different guitars I had, and didn't notice until I was stringing the second one that It was muuuuuuch thicker than it should have been. Lo and behold, I email them, they knew about the issue, and George sent me out two packs.

This does seem like user error to me too, tbh.

cram

I love it.
Become indignant about it all.
The slight preposterousness of it all demands over of the edge attitude.
Get a lawyer who isn't yet but is trying to become registered for your state's bar exam.

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
I love it.
Become indignant about it all.
The slight preposterousness of it all demands over of the edge attitude.
Get a lawyer who isn't yet but is trying to become registered for your state's bar exam.
another of the virtue signalers arises.

I'm not indignant, I just don't like throwing $12 out the window. Maybe you self-righeous moral policewomen are rolling in it but I'm not.

cram

another of the virtue signalers arises.

I'm not indignant, I just don't like throwing $12 out the window. Maybe you self-righeous moral policewomen are rolling in it but I'm not.
Your projection is of a serious tone.
I am all for it and predisposed to joke/laugh along the way.
I said, become indignant like in an over the top way that outweighs the price which is why you place this on a thread -go for it.
Fight for it.
Fight me over it.
goget'm!

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
Your projection is of a serious tone.
I got that way when several of our self-righteous members suggested I am over-reacting.

I put brand new out of the box fresh strings on a guitar I just built. Rutters bridge as smooth as a baby's butt, and a brand new neck with stainless steel frets and a pro cut bone nut.

The string broke nearly right away between the 9th and 10th fret. No abuse or mis-use was involved.

Some are calling me out for taking advantage of the warrantee; that I'm at fault because I've admitted to breaking strings in the past. OH NO. One has taken to name calling. I'm concerned for his mental health, why the need?

No it's not important in the big scheme of things, if the claim would have been denied I would have moved on and not purchased $12 strings anymore. But they stood behind it and maybe i will again.

I just thought it might be of interest to some.

ToneDeVille

I was driving home from a hunting trip and stopped at a Taco Bell in one of the small towns along the interstate. 10 miles down the road I realized they'd shorted me one taco. So when I got home I emailed the corporate office to let them know. They emailed me back two coupons, each for a free $5 Grande Box.

My wife contacted the corporate office of OFF brand insect repellent to let them know the last two cans of spray we bought stopped spraying with at least half a can of product still in the can. They mailed her an envelope with a dozen coupons, each worth up to $5 toward any OFF products...
$60 worth of free insect repellent. We didn't have to pay for insect spray for the next year.

My Mom once found a tooth in her bowl of Wolf Brand Chili. So she sent a hand written letter to the corporate office, along with a Polaroid photo of the tooth. A couple of weeks later a truck pulled up to the house and delivered 10 CASES of Wolf Brand Chili, along with a sincere apology letter from the President of the company. We were knee deep in Wolf Brand Chili for the next two years.

My wife contacted the CEO of Starbucks a few years ago to let him know that the coffee maker we'd purchased at a local Starbucks shop didn't work. It was the 2nd one too. The first one was returned to the store and replaced for the same issue. Both would not route the brewed coffee into the carafe and, instead, it all went all over the kitchen counter making a huge mess. The 2nd time we returned it the local store manager basically told us to pound sand. So she sent a letter to the Corporate office with the complaints. A few weeks later, she received a reply with a $50 gift card and a Starbucks coffee cup. Since we had paid approx $200 for the coffee maker, we boxed it up and shipped it to the CEO with a letter suggesting that HE try to make a pot of coffee with it...preferably in the Starbucks conference room prior to a board meeting.
We never heard anything back. :) And we've never purchased anything from Starbucks since.

Let's see what happens. It was a brand new set of NYXL 10-46 with less than an hour of play time on them. The high e broke during a bend - not on the bridge break point or saddle or anything, it was right between the 9th and 10th fret.

I took the requested picture of the defective item and uploaded the receipt. I kinda get that strings break, but at over $12 a set I expect more. View attachment 322919
I had this happen a couple of times with new sets of D'addario strings, contacting them directly immediately after and every time they've sent a new set of strings. They're really good at dealing with that.

But without being American (and thus fundamentally understanding how things work there), I understand making a "claim" is to approach insurance about it, or involving lawyers? Is that right?

Suave Eddie

Let's see what happens. It was a brand new set of NYXL 10-46 with less than an hour of play time on them. The high e broke during a bend - not on the bridge break point or saddle or anything, it was right between the 9th and 10th fret.

I took the requested picture of the defective item and uploaded the receipt. I kinda get that strings break, but at over $12 a set I expect more. View attachment 322919

Did you send back the defective string?

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
I had this happen a couple of times with new sets of D'addario strings, contacting them directly immediately after and every time they've sent a new set of strings. They're really good at dealing with that.

But without being American (and thus fundamentally understanding how things work there), I understand making a "claim" is to approach insurance about it, or involving lawyers? Is that right?
it took about 30 seconds to fill out the online claim form, and another 30 to take a pic and send it.

Trending Topics