Ok, I "need" the closest thing to the Big Dippers I can find...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Tito83, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Tito83

Tito83 Member

I tried the John Mayer strat of a friend and it's the strat sound I've always wanted. Same pickups sound different in different guitars, so we exchanged the pickguards... Well, the tone I wanted was in my Roadworn.

I almost was willing to buy a JM strat and be done with it, but the neck on the Roadworn is perfect for me, I really want to keep it.

Now... The Klein Jazzy Cats are really a dead on clone? What other BD clones can I find? Any comparisons with the real deal?

Thanks!

2. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Supporting Member

Used Dippers pop up from time to time. Why not just hold out for what you really want?

3. Fender074

Fender074 Member

Klein S'5 exact replicas of the big dippers man!

4. T92780

T92780 Silver Supporting Member

5. Tito83

Tito83 Member

Because the ones I've seen where like $500 :bong

I thought the Jazzy Cats were the BD clones! Thanks!

While I think they sound close on this clip, I'm really interested in actual clones. In a clip a lot of different stuff can sound similar, but in real life that's not the case. I'm interested in clones because I've actually played them and loved them, and I'm only wanting a clone because they are not really available (not at a decent price at least).

6. Zero G

Zero G Member

I think the Jazzy Cats are supposed to be clones of Mayer's 'Black one' Strat pups, and the S5's are the BD clones IIRC.