Ok, Im dumb explain El Cap secondary functions to me?!?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jesus freak, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Jesus freak

Jesus freak Supporting Member

Do you just hold down both foot switches and turn knob to wherever and let
    go? Do you put it back the way it was, the same way?
    and yes I down loaded the PDF manual, I know I'm dumb ;)

2. cwcashiniv

cwcashiniv Member

The secondary functions are accessed by pressing & holding both the bypass and tap switches. When you're tweaking the knobs while holding down the two switches, you're adjusting the secondary functions.

Let's say, for example, you don't want much wow & flutter, but you want tape crinkle, and lots of it... if your wow & flutter knob is at 8 o'clock and you access the secondary function to adjust the tape crinkle to 2 o'clock, once you let go of the two switches, the wow & flutter is still set to 8 o'clock, even though the dial is still at 2 o'clock from adjusting the crinkle. It changes once you adjust the knob from its final position.

Does that make sense?

3. LuckyBlackCat

LuckyBlackCat Member

This man knoweth. When I had mine, after I adjusted a secondary function, I always turned the knob back to where the primary function was set. If you don't it can be confusing to see the knob positioned differently from where it's actually set.

4. Jesus freak

ok but when I adjust wow and flutter from 2 o'clock it does NOT mess with the tape crinkle setting?

5. LuckyBlackCat

LuckyBlackCat Member

Correct. The secondary function settings can only change while you have both footswitches held down.

6. Jesus freak

Got it, thanks guys!