OK, its just a guitar

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Joe Boy, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Joe Boy

Joe Boy Member

But don't you just love it when, you pic up a guitar that's been sitting in it's case for awhile. Or God forbid you might have even "sold it"..
    ..only to find that as you play her, she totally reminds you as to why you bought that special piece to begin with?

It may not look like some lawyer top or have all kinds of vintage upgrades, but I know theres a reason we bought that guitar.

The magic never fades...plug in, turn it up, and she'll still turn you on.

..unless it really is a pig.

:D

2. Mcclassic

Mcclassic Member

Exactly my feeling...

I have been thinking of selling several and every time what you just describe.... happens... I got some high end, some low end but all ot them have somehting... I got to the point in my collection that is really hard to choose one to go...

Just as some examples... G&L asat special and asat classic with maple neck, a 1983 black and white flying V, a charvel...

One was a Mcsoapy standard that I have to remove some oxidation from the frets, etc, mint condition but keep it unplayed a long time... I was thinking to sell it since I have a nive goldtop R6, so I cleaned, put new strings, plugged to check it... man that guitar will not go anywhere... is one of the best sounding ones.... it make any amplifier to sound great...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  3. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

All of my guitars are just like that.
    I have put myself in a corner as far as having something I'm willing to sell.

The funny part is this is our goal.
    I have an '02 R7 that is excellent and much in the brand new condition it was on day one.
    I would love to sell/ trade it for an R6 but everytime I pull it out..............

4. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

Funny thread, and too true. I just got back my newest guitar (a dipinto galaxie) from the shop, getting setup. Only played it a few times, but it's already exerting quite a fascination. To the point that I was ridiculously happy to get it back into my hands Friday, have scarcely been able to do anything else but mess with this guitar all weekend.

Guitars aren't pets, or friends. But they're not just blocks of wood other. Sorta like 6-string relatives.

5. jeffwith1f

jeffwith1f Member

you can't buy and sell your relatives.
    or store them in cases....

6. Joe Boy

Joe Boy Member

I was playing lead in this one band for five years until we split up.
    The band I'm in now is much smaller so I just take my acoustic. I must say it was a real bitch for my hands as well as my head, trying to get around the neck. But in less than two and a half months, I love playing this guitar so much.

It really has forced me to dig deeper though and find better chords and develope the old grip again..I love it.

7. guitarfish

guitarfish Member

If the economic outlook doesn't start improving, an acoustic may be the only thing I have left!

8. PFCG

PFCG Member

if only....

9. Bluedawg

Bluedawg Member

My situation too .....

I have way too many guitars from a practical point of view :crazy. I really should sell some.

But most of the ones I have left are too nice to sell and a few are just too crappy to get what I want out of them.

:p

10. Shark Diver

Shark Diver Member

I promised the wife to let some go. So, I just put them up now and then, stay firm on price and if they don't sell, I don't care.;)

11. tonedaddy

tonedaddy Member

I am here as you are here as you are me and we are
    Sez you.

I traded my ex-wife for a fishing boat.
    Straight up.
    :D

And I still have a son in a nice G&G tweed case.
    It's not a perfect fit, but he'll grow into it.