ok, jes roll with me on this...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by crzyfngers, Jun 13, 2008.

1. crzyfngers

crzyfngers Member

is there a way to use transistors, op-amps, keebler elves maybe to create overdrive at different frequencies?? maybe stack three or four of these "gain stages?" in one pedal? smoking too much coffee??

2. jdavyd

jdavyd Member

Do you mean overdrive different sets of frequencies with different types? jack orman has a schematic in his lab notebook for clipping different frequencies, which might get you close to the effect you're trying to accomplish.

3. crzyfngers

crzyfngers Member

i think so. i'm not an engineer, i just found this hat.... i read somewhere that someone was working on this idea. i can't remember when or where, jes wondering if it ever happened.

4. crzyfngers

crzyfngers Member

brilliant. so... any manufacturers using this technology? sounds juicy on paper.

5. Montez

Montez Member

When I was in a manic creative zone a couple years ago I proto'd two pedals that had freq dependent clipping. (not Jack's circuits) One code named Voodoo clipped high freq only. The other code named Warthog, which clipped the bottom. Had a very fat Ampeg'ish PTPTPT sound when used with a bass. Fun stuff but I didn't pursue production...