• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Ok now for this thread.. Are you a Suhr or Anderson?

MartinC

Suhr.

Never tried an Anderson. Don't see many in Australia. Would like to take one for a spin one day.

mslugano

Silver Supporting Member
Owned lots of both. Love them all. Both have consistently high quality and amazing customer service. Body shapes are a little different take on traditional with Suhr being a little more traditional shape (a little bigger than TAG I think). I think I like the TAG pup switching better...Tom's Kickback switching and Vintage Voicing is very cool. I also like that Tom sticks to his commitment to Feiten tuning as standard and does intonate the bridge with the Feiten offsets (which Suhr has said he does not do...in fairness I do not have any tuning issues with my Suhrs with or without offsets). I guess I prefer Tom's choice of tuners, too. They are very fine, smooth and precise. Yea, I know a lot of guys swear by Sperzel on Suhr and they are very, very good and so easy to use...just not as precise as Tom's Gotohs.

TAG T Classic

TAG Hollow Droptop

TAG Classic with M pickups

Suhr Classic

Suhr Classic T with humbuckers

TAG Droptop with M pickups

Last edited:

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
I've only played one Suhr. It was an AMAZING instrument. I've played many Andersons and own two. They are AMAZING instruments.

I think I'd be happy with either, but these will do for now... And I'm out of money...

mslugano

Silver Supporting Member
I've only played one Suhr. It was an AMAZING instrument. I've played many Andersons and own two. They are AMAZING instruments.

I think I'd be happy with either, but these will do for now... And I'm out of money...

Nice, Pietro.

I have never played a Crowdster Plus. How does the magnetic part sound?

Tramp

Platinum Supporting Member
I've owned two of each--all since sold. Forced to choose, I'd say Suhr, simply on account of the SSC system. That said, I'm dying to play an Atom!

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Nice, Pietro.

I have never played a Crowdster Plus. How does the magnetic part sound?
I have to say it sounds very good. The pickup is designed to pickup from acoustic strings, so the acoustic side is not compromised.

With only one pickup and no tone control, it's limited in such a way that if you are an electric player looking for an electric guitar that has acoustic sounds, this isn't for you.

I wanted a great plugged-in acoustic tone (it sounds better than any other acoustic I've ever plugged in) and the ability to layer in electric sounds (through a separate electric rig) on top of it. I rarely if ever use just the electric side, for that my Cobra (and all my other electrics) has a piezo with stereo output.

It's limited like a Les Paul Junior is limited. It gains up real nice, but you probably won't shred on it, at least not with a wound-G.

todd richman

While not currently an owner of either, I have played a Suhr or three and owned a Cobra T and I am definitely Sure I am a Suhr! The Modern is calling my name...

mslugano

Silver Supporting Member
I have to say it sounds very good. The pickup is designed to pickup from acoustic strings, so the acoustic side is not compromised.

With only one pickup and no tone control, it's limited in such a way that if you are an electric player looking for an electric guitar that has acoustic sounds, this isn't for you.

I wanted a great plugged-in acoustic tone (it sounds better than any other acoustic I've ever plugged in) and the ability to layer in electric sounds (through a separate electric rig) on top of it. I rarely if ever use just the electric side, for that my Cobra (and all my other electrics) has a piezo with stereo output.

It's limited like a Les Paul Junior is limited. It gains up real nice, but you probably won't shred on it, at least not with a wound-G.
Thanks for that, Pietro. I guess I have had the thought on occassion that I should buy one but I probably need something more flexible and more magnet focussed. For that my classic with M's and piezo will suffice.

Trending Topics