OK, Now I need help with speakers/cabs!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by gibson08, Feb 24, 2008.

1. gibson08

gibson08 Member

So I have been picking up a few more amps trying to find my sound Roccaforte HG100, almost but not perfect for me so I bought a Bogner 101B(from everyones advice here at TGP) and I thought it was just so-so(I know,I know, just bear with me)And finally I just bought a Diezel VH4S and I found out something,,, All along its MY CABINETS!!@#!!&#@#@:FM I had been playing everything thru a Mesa 4x12 recto cab, and recently I had bought a Orange 2x12 cab(a little lighter you know) but nothing sounded quite right, I thought I had quality cabs, but the I get home with the VH4S which I bought used with the original lower Diezel stereo cab and holy crap I am finding out everything I own sounds amazing thru this cab!!!! SO,,,do i buy more cabs?? Lets start with my Orange cab, can I simply swap out speakers or should I just buy another cab?? If so what do I buy, this Diezel cab sounds very crisp and clear with just the right amount of low end, do I buy more of these or should I buy a Bogner cab as well?? HELP, I AM A CABINET IDIOT!!!!! Thanks in advance and sorry I was so long winded.

2. NICE47

NICE47 Member

sell the stuff you dont like and buy the deizel/and or the bogner cabs

3. RyanPitch

RyanPitch Supporting Member

Where you at? I've got a Bogner slant 4X12 with Vintage 30s in the L.A. area.

4. gibson08

gibson08 Member

No ideas for speakers in my orange cab??

5. gibson08

gibson08 Member

Sorry too far away, I would like to try one of those cabs.

6. Iceman8.6

Iceman8.6 Member

Sounds like it may be a speaker issue....what type of speakers are in those cabs?

7. gibson08

gibson08 Member

By the way I forgot to add a Marshall 1960a vintage cab, This is what has me puzzled(thats not hard to do) is they all have vintage 30 speakers and all sound SOOO different.

8. eliot1025

eliot1025 Supporting Member

Try a Z-Best cab. It's a tuned, ported 2x12. Fantastic cab. Available through any Dr. Z dealer.

9. gibson08

gibson08 Member

Thanks for the advice, what kind of amp are you playing thru it??