Ok, so I have 100 bucks to spend with Analogman.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by pacomc79, Jan 3, 2008.

1. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

courteousy my wonderful fiancee. The gift certificate even came with a cool sticker.

I've been jonesing for an Octron. It is versatile and only around 50 bucks more than any other nice Octave pedal and you get the octave down.

Do I go that route, or do I get a Beano Boost or something else?

So Far I've got a Morley Bad Horsey (that could be replaced with something better) but it has worked for oh 10 years with no worries it's just a little harsh, a 1st gen Barber Direct Drive (my 2nd pedal, it's been around a while too) a BJF EGDM; Line 6 DL4 (I only really use the looper and the Memory Man settings) I just bought the new JHF1 fuzz face and I'm happy with it but I could stand to get a warm round germanium fuzz too and then I have a Shannon Uniphase and a Shannon Compressor. Eventually I'll get a much better vibe, but not right now.

2. Franklin

Franklin Member

I like the Octrons. You can't go wrong with a Beano or Sunface for sure!

3. RickB

RickB Member

I just got a SunFace NKT 275 for X-Mas from my wife and love it so I am going to suggest that one to you. :) Or I would suggest waiting for an AR20DL to show up on his site when the next batch comes in. :cool: Or........ just go ahead and get the Beano.......... or...........

After getting the AR20DL and SunFace over the last two months, I want to try quite a few more of Mike's work. I can't believe it wasn't until the end of this year that I finally got around to Analogman pedals. I have definitely been missing out for a long time now. :jo

4. RDM

RDM Senior Member

I'd use the money towards a Pepermint Fuzz.

5. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

I'd suggest the Sunlion if he's still doing them. Beano and a Sunface. I love mine.

6. johnrambo

johnrambo Member

i'd go for the octron

7. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Member

Sell me your UniPhase and you'll have a lot more options! :D

8. LPSlinger

LPSlinger Member

I'll throw in another plug for the Beano. I never turn mine off.

9. Aruntang

Aruntang Member

The NKT-275 sunface is really cool. Personally, I found the BC-182 Sunface to be more musical, have more gain, and better clean up than the new Dunlop Jimi Fuzzface. I still like the Dunlop though!