Ok... so I saw a Pterodactyl up close tonight. Not joking. WTF!?!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Smgbad, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackmoreNight

BlackmoreNight Senior Member

2. Smgbad

Smgbad Supporting Member

To everyone convinced it was a bird. Doubtful. Only I saw it, so only I would be able to make that call. There were NO feathers to be seen. The Blue Heron looks the closest as anyone has suggested so far, however it has pretty recognizable feathers.

If any thing it resembled a VERY strange bat-like creature with a beak and pointy tipped (horn) head. The dark skin/furrish body lends itself to this. It definitely was not a bat head though, and bats don't have long tails, nor do they eat/carry off/get bitten by snakes so far as I know. ESPECIALLY not ones with 6+ foot wingspans.

3. V-Type

V-Type Member

Dont get me wrong OP. I believe you saw something and in that 8 sec window it was unidentifiable other than a large,strange winged creature.
    I only meant like most unless i see a true undoctored pic or see with my own eyes live I find it hard too believe a true flying dino actually lives and in NC of all places.
    Low too the ground fast flight indicates hunting or landing imo.
    who knows but I tell you what if I saw it once I'd bet the chances of seeing it again are good and Id damn sure have a camera handy as well as keep a look out for such a creature.
    Have any neighboring dogs or cats disappeared?

4. MrTAteMyBalls

MrTAteMyBalls Member

More than likely what your brain remembers that you saw, is not what occured in reality.

Happens all the time. I can't tell you how many times I have taken a call for a rollover accident at work involving a red SUV, send police and fire emergent, and it turns out to be a blu pinto pulled over to the shoulder after blowing a tire(not rolled over). Eye witnesses are the most unreliable source of information that I know of.

5. capnjim

capnjim Senior Member

WINNER!!!! OP must be off his meds....probably had Roadrunner playing on his GPS screen.

6. Noise Under The Floor

Noise Under The Floor Silver Supporting Member

"In the drag of this atmosphere" (Maryland)
    I never said anything about your grammar. Just pointed out that you saw a lot of detail for it being dark out and that whatever you saw was moving fast (your own words). That's ALL I was saying. Sarcastically? Sure, but what did you expect posting something like that here of all places? I have no clue where you came up with the grammar nazi thing. You're obviously completely unhinged on many levels.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  7. rizla

rizla Member

First thing I thought of when I read the OP was "demon".

That the OP's wife thinks hes full of it pretty much convinces me that he did in fact see something out of the ordinary. Skeptical wife = strangeness afoot. Ive seen it many times in movies and on tv.

massacre likes this.
  8. Fuzzr

Fuzzr Member

Hey Smgbad,
    All you needed to say is you are a Scientist, then everyone will believe you. I would say anything is possible.

9. Ampedusa

Ampedusa Supporting Member

Oh yeah, your the humans aren't animals guy, no wonder you have disdain for scientists. :facepalm

10. Guitar432

Guitar432 Member

Title of your thread:

[​IMG] Ok... so I saw a Pterodactyl up close tonight. Not joking. WTF!?!

Quoting from your thread:

Is this a basic reading comprehension test? Very similar to what my 8 year old does in school?

You saw a pterodactyl.

11. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Member

Definitely a pterodactyl.

12. mango

mango Member

I'm going to change my guess to a bigfoot larva.

13. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Silver Supporting Member

Probaby just a bat or a large bird that the lights screwed with perspective or what you saw. Or...just a joke being played...

14. lp_bruce

lp_bruce Member

Good call

15. lp_bruce

lp_bruce Member

It has less to do with scientists and more to do with science (and common sense). I believe Pterodactyls are long extinct. Why? Because they are absent from the fossil record for millions of years and nobody has ever documented finding one (or verifiable traces of them). Is it possible? If you're going by any kind of "reasonably possible" definition, no. A large flying creature that doesn't look like anything else living in America for our entire history would be very hard to hide.

The OP likely saw a Heron. It's possible it had a snake or perhaps it was gathering items for its nest (as below) which could give it a deceiving silhouette.

[​IMG]

The only other plausible explanation is (obviously) a Bigfoot larva.

Peace,

16. Brendan

Brendan Member

Very strange indeed. This reminds me of many sightings in recent years of "eagles" with 15'-20' wingspans. One recent encounter involved a 10 y/o boy who was picked up in a field and carried for 15 feet before being dropped. There were several witnesses. Science says such things don't exist, but people accustomed to nature and eagles report seeing them. Who knows.

17. Britishampfan

Britishampfan Member

I like crazy cat lady.

18. Bazaboy33

Bazaboy33 Member

19. woof*

woof* Member

Op,
    I read about someone seeing the same thing a year ago on another forum.
    I've seen things over my lifetime that are unexplainable. You spend enough years and time on the road..you will see things. Unless you see it again and film it there's no way to prove it....just enjoy you have a cool story :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.